UKC

Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dioliahary 01 Apr 2014
Hi got a surprise weekend planned in Chamonix, planning to do a little walking maybe to Aiguille du Midi, thing is what would be the best attire? Would a full blown down jacket be too warm or suffice? Normal winter walking outfit, any experienced walkers with tips would be appreciated h
 Joe G 01 Apr 2014
In reply to dioliahary:

I was there a couple of weeks back and it was hot - proper T shirt and shorts weather. My light softshell jacket was only worn to go to the pub in the evening and my down jacket wasn't touched. On top of the Midi I wore a light jumper under a waterproof jacket which was handy for keeping the light breeze out. Hope that helps!
OP dioliahary 01 Apr 2014
In reply to Joe G:

Thanks Joe, just what I was after, h
 Rob Parsons 01 Apr 2014
In reply to dioliahary:
What do you mean by 'a little walking maybe to Aiguille du Midi.' What are you actually thinking about doing?
Post edited at 23:45
In reply to Rob Parsons:

My thoughts exactly! One does not simply "walk" up the midi unless you mean walk to the cable car...
OP dioliahary 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Fultonius:
Point taken back now, should have been more specific, thanks Joe for the clothing advice worked out well.
Cable car up to the Midi, lovely day and on the following day..a little walking below the snowline Petite balcony South area. Fantastic experience.
Post edited at 23:35
 Joe G 11 Apr 2014
In reply to dioliahary:

Glad to hear the advice worked for you, you never can tell with changeable mountain weather. I kinda assumed you meant you were taking the cable car to the Midi - amazing place!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...