UKC

Goldcar rental at Reus airport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Reeve 01 Apr 2014
Hi

Has anyone used goldcar rental at Reus airport and in particular their "flex fuel" option and able to comment on it ? It seems common practice for many spanish hire car companies to charge a low daily rate then stiff you on a full tank of fuel and extra insurance so I wanted to check before hiring what the true cost was likely to be..

Thanks
 coffee lounge 01 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Reeve:
Hi Dave
Not hired from Rues but I recently hired from Alicante and had the same debate over Goldcar. Having read lots of negative comments on forums about their hidden charges and also read their terms and conditions the empty fuel tank policy (ie. you pay for it regardless) and the additional service charge put me off. I ended up going with hertz, which I felt was good value. There were no surprise hidden charges and you had the option to return with a full fuel tank or bring back empty and pay for a tank of fuel (€67 for a corsa). Taking out AA excess car hire insurance £4.50 a day (there is an annual cover option) safeguards you from being stitched up by the hire car company's ridiculous excess charges should you not take their additional insurance cover, normally at an extortionate cost! There are cheaper options online from around £3 a day for similar cover to that offered by the AA by the likes of money supermarket.
Hope that helps
Iain
 Rank_Bajin 02 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Reeve:

Hi Dave

Just back from Malaga where we used Goldcar. We didn't take out additional insurance and paid for a full tank of fuel.
About an hour after we dropped the car off my wife received an email from Goldcar reimbursing her for the quarter tank of fuel left in the car. We were pleasantly surprised by this.

G
In reply to Dave Reeve:

The following article provides some helpful advice on holiday car hire:

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/jun/15/holiday-car-hire-10-ways-avoid...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...