UKC

Staying at Triglav Park???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rummmer 03 Apr 2014
Hi,

i am in the middle of planning a quick tour of Triglav I have been in contact with the Accommodation people to stay in the main houses at a cost of 220 euros for 4 nights.

I was wondering if anyone else had been here and I could pick their brains about it? specifically what's the process of staying in the alpine huts? are the accessible by car (I am hiring one) and what do they cost and where can I find more info on them? or is it a case of first come first serve???

Any help is VERY welcome!

Thanks Alex
 Simon Preuss 03 Apr 2014
In reply to alexrumsey:

If by the Alpine huts you mean the ones used when climbing the likes of Triglav (e.g. Dom Planika and Triglavski Dom), these are only accessible by foot with quite long walks in.

There are some huts, chalets and houses at lower levels elsewhere which are vehicle accessible.

> I have been in contact with the Accommodation people to stay in the main houses at a cost of 220 euros for 4 nights.

Which "main houses" are you referring to?
Rummmer 03 Apr 2014
In reply to Simon Preuss:

http://www.tnp.si/experience/C221/

The ones listed on here. It looks like I'm going to have to pay up then.

Thanks for letting me know about the alpine huts car access is pretty vital!
 Simon Preuss 03 Apr 2014
In reply to alexrumsey:

Well reading the descriptions on those ones, it sounds like they all have vehicle access.

They perhaps aren't "alpine huts" in the way that I and maybe others might think of them - more like guest houses.
The mountains in Slovenia aren't as big as those in the main part of the Alps, so a lot of the mountains can be climbed from high car parks etc.

As I said though, there are some more traditional alpine huts which have to be walked to for accessing some of the bigger and more remote mountains.
Rummmer 03 Apr 2014
In reply to Simon Preuss:

Thanks for taking a look. Guest houses sound very....comfortable. Which I am sure I can cope with.

The mountain huts look very nice cosy and traditional BUT with no guarantees of a bed and having to carry all my gear up and down a hill I think a nice Guest house at the end of the day would be very nice.

Thanks again!

Gazlynn 03 Apr 2014
In reply to alexrumsey:
As others have said I don't think they are the alpine huts for going up Triglav.

I don't know what your plans are but I wouldn't bother with a hire car public transport in Slovenia is fantastic.

I would start by getting the Sidarta Julian Alps Map it's not the best map but great for planning out your trip plus it gives you all the hut network in the national park their details and phone numbers.

I would get a bus to Ribcev Laz stay there for 1 night loads of places there for cheaper than 50 euro a night. Then depending on how fit you are start your tour around Triglav.

The huts are numerous and are well run plus only between 20 - 25 euros a night. (last summer)

Although I was there with my Mum last year we had a great time and cannot recommend Slovenia highly enough.

Here are some photos of our trip if you're really bored

https://www.flickr.com/photos/garethlynn/sets/72157635558931096

cheers

Gaz

Post edited at 16:11
 d_b 03 Apr 2014
In reply to alexrumsey:

I just sent you a reply to your mail.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the low level accommodation on the northern side of the Triglav group is significantly cheaper than the area around Lake Bled and Bohinj. You will have a job finding free parking anywhere on the Bohinj side as well.
 fmck 04 Apr 2014
In reply to alexrumsey:

I found Triglav a good day trip with an early start. It was an incredibly busy mountain. I got a weekend flight using a lightweight tent to stay in the camp site in the valley. I was still down for tea time and was not in any way running just a good pace. Not as hard as some of the munro routes in Scotland you would expect to complete in a day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...