ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Pop goes another tendon....

charley - on 04 Apr 2014
Was pulling on a crimpy pocket today until I heard a popping sound (well was actually more of a knuckle cracking sound then a pop). Felt numb for minute or two then the pain started in my ring finger.

There doesn't appear to be any swelling at the moment and no real pain just moving it around, just painful when trying to push down and putting pressure on it.

I've injured it before about 3 years ago although last time it was my middle finger as well. Took quite a few months to get back to normal. I'm feeling rather gutted at the moment as I've been climbing really well this year and don't want to loose the gains I've made in the past few weeks.

I've read a few articles overs the years regarding tendon issues and recovery plans, all with slightly different suggestions. The majority suggested complete rest from climbing which makes sense but is easier said then done.

I'm planning on dosing up on ibuprofen for the next couple of weeks and then moving onto hot and cold treatment. Does that sound right or should I be doing hot & cold now as well? Is there anything else I should or shouldn't be doing?

Cheers,

... not showing 12 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums