/ jetboil v primus eta?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Bluebird - on 04 Apr 2014
anyone got a view on the relative merits of these two please? wanting just to boil water in above freezing temperatures. might also like the ability to cook/heat boil in the bag. From a quick search of t'internet I gather Primus owns the patent on jetboil and they've got some additional enhancements. not much in it or is there a clear winner?
thanks
Solaris - on 04 Apr 2014
In reply to Bluebird:

My mate looked into this recently and ended up buying a jetboil pan and an Eta burner as he thought it gave the best combination of the pluses of each system. Can't remember the details of why, but I'll see what I can find out. In use the system was fine, and though the top/bottom fit wasn't perfect it was OK.
rob_lee - on 04 Apr 2014
In reply to Bluebird:

Jetboil all day long, I was very excited when primus releases the solo, but it was short lived. It used to be near impossible to remove the pan from the burner.
I bought a aluminum sol as soon as it was released and it's brilliant except the sleeve is to flimsy. If weight is an issue, I would get the flash. Bought my old man one last year.

Last winter I saw a reactor being used an was very impressed but rather pricy!
Solaris - on 04 Apr 2014
In reply to Bluebird:

Sorry - my mistake: he got a MSR Windpro and a Jetboil flux ring pan. Light and highly efficient, and the Windpro design is pretty CO safe as gas stoves go.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.