UKC

Corsica vs Sardinia - F5-F6c or equivalent trad?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neuromancer 06 Apr 2014
Looking at spending a week climbing with my girlfriend in about about a month. I leads to E1 / F6c, my girlfriend leads to probably HS / F6a, but climbs better because she mostly boulders (v3-v5).

I don't know if there even is any trad this deep into sport climbing europe, though, and it's not deal breaker. Mainly, looking for quality routes in our grade bracket

We likely won't want to do much bigger than 3-5 pitches. She is keen to be somewhere we can get to the sea and swim/relax and not be overrun by tourists. Climbing cliffs would be great. DWS if it's accessible and not too high plausibly.

Which island would suit us better as a destination?
 Jenny Monkey 06 Apr 2014
In reply to neuromancer:

my husband and I went to both on our honeymoon a couple of years ago and both have excellent climbing. I would probably go for sardinia over corsica if you want coastal and DWS, its a bigger island and so there's more variety of rock and routes. Also, the people were way more friendly than the people in corsica!!!
 Heike 06 Apr 2014
In reply to neuromancer:
corsica is brilliant and has the advantage of having loads of trad and sport, so I'd go there. It's an excellent place for climbing and I have only ever met nice people there!
Sardinia has more sport and more limestone. Corsica is mor granite and trad.
Post edited at 19:54
 Blue Straggler 06 Apr 2014
In reply to neuromancer:
Would you consider Gozo / Malta? I mention this only because you mention trad in the OP. And because there is a long DWS traverse JUST above the sea in Gozo (and you can DWS around the "inland sea"). And there is a superb HS route that goes around the corner on a cliff which in the photos looks way way harder than HS. Good value climbing

I know nothing about Corsica. I went to Sardinia last Easter and, around similar grades, I came away a bit disappointed TBH. But don't let that put you off the place!
Post edited at 20:34

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...