UKC

North Pembroke Camping/Pubs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ivanator 07 Apr 2014
Planning a North Pembroke trip next weekend. Previously have stayed at Porth Clais, only downside I recall is the hike to the pub - are there any good sites closer to a decent boozer?
From Porth Clais am I remembering right that it is 25 minutes or so to get into St. Davids?
I am aware of the Caerfai sites - are they pleasant, reasonably priced and closer to a pub? Also see there is a site near Solva, how far from the pub is this?
Would also appreciate any pointers on good pub grub in the area - think the Solva pub by the harbour was OK, but it has been a while.
Cheers for any pointers!
 Dave Williams 07 Apr 2014
In reply to The Ivanator:

The Glan y Mor campsite on the Caerfai Bay road used to have a pub on site -which would have been ideal - but the pub's now closed. The campsite's still open though, is pleasant enough and is the closest one to St. Davids. Recommended pubs in town are the Bishops on Cross Square and the nearby Farmers Arms on Goat Street, about 15 mins walk. There's also a footpath which leaves the Caerfai road, skirts the town and brings you out on Goat St between the Bishops and the Farmers, saving a good 5 mins on the walk in.

http://www.glan-y-mor.co.uk/
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=175488&y=225063&z=115&sv=1...

HTH

Dave
OP The Ivanator 07 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Williams:

Great tips, thanks for posting.
OP The Ivanator 07 Apr 2014
In reply to The Ivanator:
Anyone used the Solva site? Interested in any thoughts on this one too.
 Alun 07 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Williams:
> but the pub's now closed.

That's a shame, I liked that pub.

I have always camped at Caerfai Bay - you can't beat that view in the morning, and the campsite is clean and well run.

And the walk helps clear the head for the next morning!
Post edited at 21:39
OP The Ivanator 10 Apr 2014
In reply to All:

Cheers for posts, after seeing a reasonable weekend cottage let in St. Davids we have succumbed to the old man's comfort option. Weather forecast tentatively looking good, and crags/pubs beckon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...