UKC

Newbie looking for info & locations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Greg_H 07 Apr 2014
Hi all,

I have a group of friends (who live quite a distance from me) and due to my personal circumstances I can't really go see them every week, + they tend to go climbing week days in the evening. I'm just curious, I want to do more climbing but can't seem to find anywhere with more than a single wall close to my area that I may go for a few hours on weekends.

I live on the Suffolk/ Essex border in a town called Sudbury. Google maps doesn't seem to show too much that I can see, and the ones I can see don't seem to show much info. Does anyone have any experience of indoor climbing in or around the area I live?

Thank you in advance.
 GrahamD 07 Apr 2014
In reply to Greg_H:

I would imagine Stowmarket is your nearest. No idea what its like these days - I haven't been for years !
Greg_H 07 Apr 2014
In reply to GrahamD:
Hi Graham, thanks for the reply.
I'm hoping to get off to the one closest to me, which is part of a school near me at the weekend: Great Cornard school's climbing wall. ( not sure if links are allowed)
Post edited at 16:12
 1step2far 07 Apr 2014
In reply to Greg_H:

Have you tried Ipswich mountaineering club? If not Stowmarket is good. Bouldering if you're on your own or plenty of top ropes/ lead lines to keep you occupied.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...