UKC

Questions about copyright

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Colin Moody 07 Apr 2014
I put a topo on my web site after asking (along with some of my own topos). I noticed that it wouldn't enlarge on line but my topos would. Then I noticed it had a copyright notice, is that why it wouldn't enlarge?

I thought I might start copyrighting my own photos in aperture but could someone simply remove the copyright notice again?
 planetmarshall 07 Apr 2014
In reply to Colin Moody:

> Then I noticed it had a copyright notice, is that why it wouldn't enlarge?

A copyright notice will have no effect on what you can and can't do with an image online. Have you got a link to the topo in question? Maybe it's just because a larger image is not available.

Andrew.

Bob 07 Apr 2014
In reply to Colin Moody:

Are you using something like Wordpress to create your site? Systems like WP will take an image that you upload and make several versions at different size, so what you see initially isn't your original image but one that has been reduced in size (this is similar to how UKC generate all the thumbnails for the galleries even though you don't upload a shot that small). When you click on it you get shown an image big enough for your screen. It may be that the image you have used is the right size for the link image but there's no large version.
OP Colin Moody 07 Apr 2014
In reply to planetmarshall:

I took it off but added it again after reading your reply.

P 93 Hat Buttress

http://www.colinmoody.com/Site/Topo.html
 Andy Nisbet 07 Apr 2014
In reply to Colin Moody:

They all seem to enlarge OK on my PC (after a delay initially). But maybe you've sorted it.
In reply to planetmarshall:

Just found out it was shot in RAW so maybe that caused the problem.
 Bob 07 Apr 2014
In reply to Colin Moody:

Unlikely. All the network requests are for JPEGs. The site does seem very slow though - I had to wait about 30 seconds when clicking on one of the shots to get the larger image.

The filesize of the shots seems very large for their on screen size - one file is 6.6Mb ( http://www.colinmoody.com/Site/Topo_files/Media/An%20Cas%20t/An%20Cas%20t.j... ) dun.jpg is 1.9Mb. For their size and quality something like 50Kb - 75Kb would be more than enough.

Clear your browser cache and refresh the page to see how a first time visitor sees the page.
In reply to Bob:

Thanks for that.

I'll have a look at reducing the size of the files.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...