UKC

Anasazi Greens in the Washing Machine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chockstone 07 Apr 2014
So mine are getting a bit smelly. Has anyone done this and with success?
 ianlaw 07 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:

Would also be interested to know this as my Evolv Bandits need to be in a different postcode at the moment to avoid smelling them, and I'm keen to wash them and start again with a spray.!

My La Sportiva Muiras, on the other hand, are fine... I should have listened!
 saffy 07 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:

I've washed my verdes on a low temp wash before, came out fine although I've found that the smell comes back pretty soon with 5.10's!
OP chockstone 07 Apr 2014
In reply to saffy:

Ok thanks, I'd rather put up with washing regularly, than the smell! Did you use soap powder?
 the mist 07 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:

i had this problem with my verdes i now only carry them clipped to outside of my sack so they get plenty of air
 ianlaw 07 Apr 2014
 saffy 07 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:

Yeah just just a small amount of normal washing powder and let them dry out naturally.
OP chockstone 07 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:

That's brilliant. Thanks guys!
 LucaC 07 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:
Had at least 6 pairs, all washed at 60c with loads of normal washing liquid and then dried on the radiator. They seems to come out super sticky and as good as new.
 Hannes 07 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:

I've run both tan velcros and blue moccasins through the washing machine. Stick them in a pillow case and I run mine at 30* with normal washing powder. Make sure you clean out the tray first so there isn't any fabric softener left as it can be harsh on different plastics.

If anything it seems to make them better when washed as they go super sticky afterwards
 Dave Reeve 07 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:

If it's only the smell I would strongly recommend those banana shaped boot fresheners. I had a pair of Verdes that stunk the place out and those things got rid of the smell very effectively...
 mrchewy 07 Apr 2014
In reply to Hannes:

+ one
 Roberttaylor 07 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:

I may need to try this. My previous shoes rotted off my feet. Not a joke.

R
 woolsack 08 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:

chuck plenty of bicarbonate of soda inside them, seems to keep the whiff at bay quite successfully
 floss_81 08 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:

I found the washing machine made the glue desolve around the toe.

When they stink, I just get an old tooth bush and scrub them with the powder. Then a good rise in cold water. Works for me.
 WILLS 08 Apr 2014
In reply to chockstone:

Washed mine by had in the sink, don't tell the wife she goes mental " we wash our pots in there!" Used an old tooth brush to scub the insides with. Put washing powder in the water first. The cleaned the soles same way. Rinsed out n dried outside followed by 2 days in the airing cupboard. Nice and sticky now. I got boot bananas for my birthday. They should keep the smell of death at bay for a while.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...