Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Coloured climbing trousers

flaneur - on 08 Apr 2014
I need to replace my knackered climbing trousers. They will be used on sea-cliffs, mountain crags, non-serious alpine rock routes, sometimes in warmer climates. I'm looking for something lightweight, 100% synthetic, and wind-resistant. You'll be relieved to hear Ron Hills fail the latter criteria. They shouldn't be too insulating, I'd rather have the flexibility of wearing thermals on cold days and staying cool on warm ones. Continental European crags and shops are full of them.

My local shops have dozens of possibilities from the major manufacturers and most of them look like they would do the job but, as far as I can tell, only available in the UK in sludge colours: black, dark grey, brown, khaki, or (be still my beating heart) olive green.

Any suggestions for canary yellow, sky blue or crimson trousers, other than getting a flight to Chamonix?
... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums