UKC

Climbing in Lincoln?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kieran_John 08 Apr 2014
I'm over in Lincoln for 4 nights towards the end of May, anything worthwhile outdoor? Or even Indoor? According to the Crags Map there's only really Greetwell Quarry, worth a go?

Not wanting to travel too far but could do with some climbing to save work driving me mad (I only live an hour North near Leeds).
 alooker 08 Apr 2014
In reply to Kieran_John:

My parents are around there, I haven't found much worthwhile I'm afraid... There's a little wall called the showroom. There are a few auto belays. Hopefully they've put some new routes up and cleaned the holds by now...
 hipyhop 08 Apr 2014
In reply to Kieran_John:

Nah greetwell quarry is a chose pile and the rock won't take any gear. no anchors at the top for top roping unless you've got 60m of static to run back to the pylon. You might be able to find some lines to boulder but you'd have to be pretty creative....

Climbing centre is pretty basic, doesn't have any bouldering but has 3 auto-belays if you're going there solo.
 marsbar 08 Apr 2014
In reply to Kieran_John:

The wall at the showroom was ok when I went last and had self belays. You could drive to the East side of the Peak near Chesterfield if you are desperate but its a bit of a trip.
OP Kieran_John 08 Apr 2014
In reply to Kieran_John:

Cheers guys, sounds like The Showroom is worth a trip at least once to give the auto-belays a go. I was only really planning to boulder at Greetwell but from what's been said, and the pics on here, it doesn't look great.

Pub it is then!
 marsbar 08 Apr 2014
In reply to Kieran_John:

From memory there may not be much climbing but there is no shortage of pubs.
 alooker 08 Apr 2014
In reply to marsbar:

True, the Victoria is a good one

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...