UKC

Garmin Edge 1000

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sleavesley 09 Apr 2014
youtube.com/watch?v=zOZ_jZI2API&

Above link is to view Garmins new advert for the Garmin Edge 1000. With links to di2 shifting display. Power and segments.

I will get my nuts cut off if I buy this, upgrade to di2 and get a power meter!
crisp 09 Apr 2014
In reply to sleavesley:

I need one.
OP sleavesley 10 Apr 2014
In reply to sleavesley:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/04/garmin-edge-1000.html

More info on it for those interested.

Looks costly!
 Guy 10 Apr 2014
In reply to sleavesley:

Handy for the text/phone alerts so I know I am in trouble before I walk through the door.

The on the fly mapping is nice but the rest isn't that great a draw for me at the moment. And who needs to know what gear they are in?
 Bob 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Guy:

I know someone who'll probably get one.

It was always likely that there'd be a link-up between Di2 and GPS units. It's not so that you know what gear you are in but for post ride analysis: this gear on that climb gave x amount of power and you managed it in time xx:yy whereas using gear B gave D amount of power and a time of HH:MM
 Guy 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Bob:

That's what I have always used cadence for.
 andy 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Bob:

> I know someone who'll probably get one.

And my brother...

In reply to sleavesley:

£499 with sensors and hr monitor or £439 without. Ouch!!
Out on the 28th April.
 andy 10 Apr 2014
In reply to sleavesley: Evans are saying 4 May. I think five hundred quid's a small price to pay to know what gear you're in - i get exhausted having to look down all the time.

Guy 10 Apr 2014
In reply to andy:

What you need is a helpful soul to cruise past you on that steep hill and shout "it's spokes after that" to you. "Really helpful, thanks", said in my head because my lungs were collapsing.
In reply to andy:

Swinnerton do a pre order for the 28th, although I won't be rushing to buy one. Will be sticking with my 800. Better money to be spent elsewhere on the bike.
I have tried di2 though and like that, but again will have to wait

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...