UKC

Which Mountain Leader (Summer) Award training provider?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gary Coggon 10 Apr 2014

I'm registered for the ML(S)A, in the process of arranging a training course to do this summer and would be grateful for your recommendations of provider(s) in The Lakes. I know who they are but I need some way of selecting the one that best fits. Who was a wow as opposed to just OK and why? Who prepared you really well for the assessement? Who managed this AND made it sparky/enjoyable? Who would you send a good friend to?

In the interests of fairness, please don't reply on open forum if your advice includes someone you feel strongly that you wouldn't use again. Please email me at: gary.coggon@astrazeneca.com

Many thanks for your help

Gary
 Carolyn 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Gary Coggon:

I've generally been impressed by Apex Training (Paul Platt) - used them for SPA and have had other odd bits of contact. My ML was too long ago to be much use, as whilst the centres still exist, the staff have all changed.
 connor 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Gary Coggon:

Scotch on the Rocks guiding. Or Abacus mountain guides.

Both excellent and memorable, full of great knowledge. Plus it was just good fun, even on assessment
 jezb1 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Gary Coggon:

I have an ML training running in July if it's any use. My websites on my profile.
ade,walter 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Gary Coggon:
I used Apex for my ML training and assessment and would definitely recommend them. Very thorough and professional.
 mike123 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Gary Coggon:

Andy Brown is a top all round bloke and runs ml s over 2 weekends which can be handy for some.
http://www.adventures.org.uk
 Carolyn 10 Apr 2014
In reply to mike123:

Yep, I'll stick in another good word for Andy, too - he's a nice bloke, and I've only heard good reports from people who've done courses with him.
 griffen 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Gary Coggon:

I did my ML(S) assessment with Apex Training and would definitely recommend them.
OP Gary Coggon 11 Apr 2014
In reply to All:

Sincere thanks for such quick-fire, constructive replies - I'm really made up. Decision made/job done!

Thank you again.

Gary

barbeg 11 Apr 2014
In reply to mike123:

+1 for ANdy Brown..did ML & SPA with him, training and assessment...top guy.
Andy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...