UKC

Portland paths conditions - Blacknor and Battleship Back Cliff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tomar 10 Apr 2014
I was wondering whether anyone has an update on the conditions of the access paths down to Blacknor North, Blacknor Central and Battleship Back Cliff (Pump Hitler area).
Also I have a dog with me, I have taken him down to all areas of Portland (including Cheany wear boulders) before the collapse of some of the ledges and he's always been fine and happy treking around with us but I am not sure whether it would be a good idea to bring him with me now. Any advise would be great.
In reply to Tomar:

I went down to fallen slab a couple of weeks ago. A lot of big cracks in the mud paths, looks pretty dodgy. Big landslide at battleship main I think, looks pretty new. To be honest the whole thing looks like it is about to go, but it might have always looked like that as I'm pretty new to that area.
 johnl 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Tomar:

The southern access (track from the bottom of Reap Lane past the farm building) to Battleship Back Cliff is fine, we have put a new rope down the decent but be aware it is very slippy if wet.
OP Tomar 10 Apr 2014
In reply to johnl:

Any ideas on the state of Blacknor (Central and North), is the path still ok? and not dodgy for taking my dog down?
 Mr p 10 Apr 2014
In reply to Tomar:

its fine in the north and central
 Dred 25 Apr 2014
In reply to Tomar:

Been to Wallsend crags with dog the last couple of weekends, access all good,
 DerwentDiluted 26 Apr 2014
In reply to Tomar:

A couple of observations made this week,

The new route 'love handles' f5 by fallen slab is now half filled in is now about 10 ft long and about F2, banana sambuca near it deserves a star.

The belay ledge for 'Lucy's off the wall' at cheyne wears is very very unstable and probably dangerous.

The rope down to the verandah was much appreciated!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...