UKC

Where would be the best place to find a climbing partner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
All the Gear, No Idea 10 Apr 2014
so where would be the best place to find a climber for the weekend?
 WJV0912 10 Apr 2014
In reply to All the Gear, No Idea:

At the weekend climbing partner shop
 MischaHY 10 Apr 2014
In reply to WJV0912:

> At the weekend climbing partner shop

Good advice. I'd advise speaking to the very helpful staff, they'll pair you up with the ideal match of partner for your personal needs.
All the Gear, No Idea 10 Apr 2014
In reply to MischaHY:

Well I see the humor here is as good as ever,,
 Nath 11 Apr 2014

Try a local BMC club, where in the country are you? I am sure their will be a club reasonably local to you.

Nath
 Enty 11 Apr 2014

Errrr on here. You have a decent profile, I'd climb with you, always looking for a partner mid-week. Trouble is I'm 1000km away from the Midlands, sorry.

E
 anonymouse 11 Apr 2014

I usually find mine at the other end of the rope. 4m up the crag, alternatively chalking his hands over and over again for half an hour as he contemplates whether to chalk up again, down climb or weight the gear. Actually, you can have him.
 Oogachooga 11 Apr 2014

Not sure if you got my message. I can do cheddar next week. Problem solved haha.
 ByEek 11 Apr 2014

You profile is hardly endearing. Makes you sound like an arse which I am sure is not true.
 Nath 11 Apr 2014

where abouts in the Midlands are you?

Nath
 ericinbristol 11 Apr 2014
In reply to anonymouse:

quality post
MarkTilburgs 11 Apr 2014

Go hang out at the local climbing gym and get to know new people.
You can do the same at the crags you want to climb.

Go out and connect with new friends.
 Ava Adore 11 Apr 2014

Try joining a club - tell us where you are and I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions. They'd be glad to have someone of your experience, I'm sure, as long as you're not an assh*le .

tlm 11 Apr 2014

Change your description to say that you are a fit nurse. You may have to also change your picture. You will then get offers galore on here...
 thomaspomfrett 11 Apr 2014

Haha excellent profile. Saw the grades and thought it was a troll then read on...
All the Gear, No Idea 11 Apr 2014
In reply to thomaspomfrett:

ok profile is deliberate because i found out years ago, most people only read your grades and then decide whether to answer ANY question you ask.
I dont want to be climbing with people who are obsessed by grades, /i would rather climb to enjoy. Problem is Nobody round this way wants to climb trad and least of all on mountains,, so this thread was started because I have been trying to find a climbing partner for the weekend and NOT ONE useful response, So going to go Mountain Biking AGAIN
 Jonny2vests 11 Apr 2014
> ok profile is deliberate because i found out years ago, most people only read your grades and then decide whether to answer ANY question you ask.

> I dont want to be climbing with people who are obsessed by grades, /i would rather climb to enjoy. Problem is Nobody round this way wants to climb trad and least of all on mountains,, so this thread was started because I have been trying to find a climbing partner for the weekend and NOT ONE useful response, So going to go Mountain Biking AGAIN

Hang on a minute, no mention of where / when, and you're in the wrong forum. You're thread title is a tad philosophical, something like 'Peak, this Saturday' posted in lifts and partners will, as you can see from others, get you a partner.

Say what you mean, and put up an honest profile or people will think you're weird. Grades are irrelevant, the site is full of easy climbers.
Post edited at 15:54
In reply to Jonny2vests:

well actually I did mention where when in the Lifts and Partners section if you look
 seankenny 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

> put up an honest profile

But not too honest. You might have farted in your partners face whilst bridging up a groove just above their hanging belay, but don't mention that. Peeing in high winds can result in spray, either on oneself or even climbers below. Don't mention that either, unless you accidentally peed on Chris Bonington's head, in which case you should put it in under "best climbing experience". Fistfighting was considered de rigeur for climbers in the 1960s but has fallen out of fashion in our more regulated society so if you're a bit of pugillist, keep it quiet.

Enty 11 Apr 2014
In reply to ByEek:

> You profile is hardly endearing. Makes you sound like an arse which I am sure is not true.

Funny that - he sounded like the type of bloke I'd get on with.....

E
 Jonny2vests 11 Apr 2014

So you did, twice no less, double touche.

Not much call for Cheddar round these parts...
In reply to Enty:

Lol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...