UKC

Further Words of Praise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 11 Apr 2014
As an aside to my earlier post I feel I should award credit; this time to a villa owner and an airline.

Before my "problem" kicked off I had booked a family holiday in Spain, paying a deposit on a villa and flights for three of us with a budget airline. Sods law; contrary to my usual practice of taking out insurance immediately I dithered due to a health declaration for my brother in law. Thus, by the time things started happening with doctors I was facing the prospect of saying goodbye to a fair amount of dosh.

Anyway, I emailed the villa owner and, low and behold, the full amount of the deposit was back in my bank account three days later. Somebody then suggested that, on the basis of "nothing venture...", I should write to the airline. It so happened that, many years ago, I had occasional contact with the chap who is now CEO and I wrote "You probably won't remember me but..."

Low and behold, yesterday I had a letter from them saying that if I cared to provide a statement from the consultant about my diagnosis they will give my claim consideration.

At least it's not an out and out rebuttal - full marks. I hasten to add that it was not a certain Irish airline.
OP mypyrex 11 Apr 2014

> ... I hasten to add that it was not a certain Irish airline.
Neither is their livery orange - it's red and grey ;0)
Post edited at 17:42

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...