UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 15

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 13 Apr 2014
UKC Fat Club is not a substitute for giving up pies and beer but to use in addition to such self denial as a motivational tool for all.

This training article by Dave Macleod includes a section on dietary advice from a climber's point of view:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=317

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's sins, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have eaten.
By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this will hopefully
improve your eating habits to help achieve your weight loss/maintenance goals whatever the level of your current blobbiness.

Link to last week's (14) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=583516

Apologies to UKC Fit Club for the shameful plagiarism in this thread!

Sleepy_trucker - a pound back on despite flinging engines around. What's the engine size?
waterbaby - about 3lbs down; hope the ribs are mending after the stair incident.
Dick, Still a Fat B - not so good, up 2lbs. Congrats on the F6c though.
Exile - 12st; that's about 5lbs up on a couple of weeks ago?
practicallypixie - about same as last week, sounds like you're getting more buff though!
VS4b - 1lb up but recovering from recent trials and tribulations.
AndrewW - 2lbs back on. Slacker!
999thAndy - lurking. Pretty sure losing a stone would improve your climbing. That's about what I need to lose. If I ever manage to lose this I'll let you know what impact it has.

TTFN

Andy Gamisou 13 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

I meant f6c, not F6c.
 Sleepy_trucker 14 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Don't worry, not truck engines. Only a 1.9 cdti - but I drive an 11 litre artic each night...

Anyway, on the car repairs, things went from bad to worse and all of my spare time's been taken up with that, I'm absolutely shattered; working nights and playing mechanic when I should be sleeping but I'm down 2-3lbs on last week and at my lowest since I joined this thread.

Cars running but still a bit left to do, hopefully I'll be all done in time for next week, got the week booked off and keen to do something more interesting. A few days in snowdonia maybe.
 VS4b 14 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Dropped 1.5 lb so back to 250 this week, things much more like normal, physio says I'm fine to ride again. So I did, only 85 miles cycled but almost pain free now. Need to decide if I'm going to be ready for the 300 km ride I've entered on the 26th...

Hoping to get some focus back on diet again now.
Andy Gamisou 15 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Good start to the week. Terrible end. Bah.
In reply to AndrewW:

too scared to weigh myself! Will try harder on diet this week and weigh after Easter.

Got some good exercise in -30 miles off road testing out the new bike on Sat and a fairly energetic climb with Fatclimber yesterday. Off to the gym tonight.
Andy Gamisou 15 Apr 2014
In reply to practicallypixie:

Ha ha!
 Fatclimber 15 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

I'm still on my fatclub sabbatical. I will resume seriously after Easter, but I am pretty sure I have put a lot of what I have lost back on over the last few weeks. Practicallypixie suggested I had whilst lowering me yesterday. I would like to suggest it may mean that she has lost some, but I fear not.
 VS4b 15 Apr 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Oh dear, Easter egg day soon....
 waterbaby 16 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Like practicalpixie I was fearful of weighing myself but did it anyway. Had a relatively good week but couldn't do kettlebells due to sore ribs, the week went downhill after a BBQ at the weekend...too much food and doritos consumed. I've hit the cupboards a few times in the evenings.
Despite all that I'm pleased to say I lost 1.75 lbs last week I'm very happy and amazed.

Weight loss to date 6.2 kg which is 3oz short of a Stone:-D

Another one to go
Andy Gamisou 16 Apr 2014
In reply to waterbaby:

Brilliant - great that you are doing so well! Everyone seems to be making progress, except me. Oh the irony Hopefully you'll all shame me into doing better. Been better this week so far anyhow.
 VS4b 16 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

if its any consolation, you're helping me a lot with this! Easter eggs on sunday might be a challenge...
 Exile 16 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Yep, pretty crap really. Blame a lot of work - tired - snack, but that's just an excuse really!

Anyway, still 12 stone this week but a lot more rested - probably climbed harder outside than ever before last night! So, back on weight loss to make the most of it.
 waterbaby 16 Apr 2014
In reply to VS4b:

Why do you need to eat Easter eggs. I never have eggs, they are for the children
BTW well done on weight loss and recovery.
 Sleepy_trucker 17 Apr 2014
In reply to waterbaby:
Erm, to my shame I'm already through half an Easter egg, a cream egg and a handful of mini eggs - it would seem beer's not my only weakness! Hopefully a very active week next week though so I'll let myself off just this once.

To answer your question though. I think "because they're chocolate" fits very nicely
Post edited at 00:15
 waterbaby 17 Apr 2014
In reply to Sleepy_trucker:
You lost weight too I see

Cheaper to buy a bar of chocolate than an egg!
In reply to AndrewW:

14st0 today, the 14 st seems to be a bit of a barrier.
I think this is because I feel I have done well so far so am allowing myself some "treats", either chocolate or alcohol. Have also started having "recovery food" after a climbing session. Not sure the level I am at this is any more than just extra calories. The climbing is still steadily improving. Working at climbing faster and not shying away from steep stuff.
Just started reading Ron Fawcetts autobiography, which so far is very good.

Cheers

Richard
 Sleepy_trucker 17 Apr 2014
In reply to waterbaby:

I had lost weight at the start of the week, not so sure now though.

I agree too, a bar of chocolate is cheaper and you get more, this was a gift.

Anyone at a loose end next week? I've booked the week off but haven't decided on anything to do yet. Would like to get a couple of nights camping in somewhere, including walking, climbing and / or bouldering.
In reply to Sleepy_trucker:

Am in the Peak from tomorrow till Monday. But not sure that's what you meant by "next" week?

Anyway...you are welcome if interested. We are climbing as a three so an extra body would be nice.

I am not weighing myself till after Easter. Feel like a lump, but think it's due to long days sat at my desk rather than particularly terrible eating.

BTW - I read that by weight, Easter Eggs are cheaper at the moment due to a price war...
In reply to Fatclimber:

Maybe a combination of both...?
 VS4b 17 Apr 2014
In reply to waterbaby:

Thanks; feeling better for it although i do now really need to buy some new work clothes i think, trousers 3 or 4 in too big people have noticed too...

Chocolate tastes nicer in eggs, no idea why just does. doesnt help that i work round the corner from the hotel chocolat factory shop!

I'm also going to have say that i'm fully recovered from the crash now, i've been telling myself i'm not, but having cycled 180miles in the last six days i think that means im better!
 Sleepy_trucker 18 Apr 2014
In reply to practicallypixie:

Ah nuts, didn't spot your reply quick enough! Might manage Sunday if it's any help? Hope you have a good time either way

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...