UKC

Sending luggage by Swissrail

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MG 14 Apr 2014
It looks like Swissrail will send your luggage to any railway station you like and keep it there until you appear to collect it. Has anyone tried this - particularly at each end of a ski tour? Did it work?
 Turfty 14 Apr 2014
In reply to MG:

As I understand it you need to have a valid ticket for the route as well. Could be wrong but worth checking.
 jon 15 Apr 2014
In reply to MG:

This used to be the case Martin, but I think it's been abandoned. I believe the other poster is correct. You could post it...
 dhuhkosi 15 Apr 2014
In reply to MG:

Travelling easier without luggage: Within Switzerland we can deliver your luggage to, or pick it up from, any of 442 stations. Take your luggage to a station in Switzerland by 7 p.m. and collect it after 9 a.m. at your destination station two days later.

https://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/baggage/baggage-switzerland...

OP MG 15 Apr 2014
In reply to dhuhkosi:

Thanks all. The ticket thing is correct -"Heidi" at the Swiss tourist office says so - which makes it tricky or at least expensive. Will look at posting but I think my master plan has been rumbled so will be returning anyway.
 W3 15 Apr 2014
In reply to MG:

We sent our bags from Grindelwald to Sion a couple of weeks back. Skied through the Oberland to Munster where we took the train to Sion and picked up our bags. Cost about SF10.

No questions asked about tickets.
 James Thacker 16 Apr 2014
In reply to MG:

Have used this successfully in the past for ski touring. Certainly didn't need a valid ticket at the time. Very efficient system.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...