Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - More objectives in the Welsh Alps & greater ranges.

George Fisher - on 14 Apr 2014
I had a brilliant trip to the Welsh alps this weekend. Looking for more route suggestions of similar grade.

I hadn't been away climbing for well over a year since having our son but booked this in a while ago and loved it.

Drove up on Friday night and parked at Ogwen Cottage. Walked up into Idwal and soloed ordinary route in my approach shoes with my bivi gear on my back. Continued up instead of doing the slimy descent and slept up in Cwm Cneifon. Slightly wild night as the wind picked up and kept changing direction. I forgot my hip flask too.

Did Cneifon Arete first thing on Sat morning. Great route, 15mins bottom to top. Felt just the right amount of exposed out on the arete with the wind blowing pretty hard.

Descended Bristly Ridge and up and over Tryfan and back to the van by 11:30. Good weather if a bit windy on Sat, even got a ray of sun on Friday eve as I topped out on the slabs.

Now I'm thinking about the next trip, maybe heading back to N Wales or into the Himalake-District. Long arete scrambles and easy climbs at about Diff... Slanting Buttress Ridge route on Lliwedd might be a goer? Cwyfry Arete is another possibility? Not too familiar with the Lakes, I'd like to hear your suggestions.

Hope you had a good weekend.

G

... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums