UKC

Lost article

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 17 Apr 2014
I have recently posted three photos of myself and Mo Anthoine on an ascent of Am Buchaille in 1972. I did write an article about this climb for the magazine that Tim Lewis was editing at the time which I think was Rocksport. I lost my copy years ago, but if anyone still has one I would much appreciate it if they could E-Mail me a copy of the article.
Thanks in advance - Boje.
 Mick Ward 17 Apr 2014
In reply to Removed Userboje:

I wondered when I saw the photos. I'm sure I remember your article. Tim (great guy) edited Rocksport in the 70s and Mountain in the 80s. It'll almost certainly be Rocksport. Haven't got old mags now but Ian Parsons (of this parish) seems to have lots of mags etc - and is super-helpful. I'd give him a shout first.

Rocksport - happy days! How we longed for each issue.

Mick
 Fredt 17 Apr 2014
In reply to Removed Userboje:

I just went to my pile of Rocksports, and the article is in the first one I picked up.
February 1973.
I can scan you a copy and mail it, if you mail me though UKC so I have your address.

Fred
 Mick Ward 17 Apr 2014
In reply to Fredt:

Good man yourself. That's this place at its best.

Mick
Removed User 17 Apr 2014
In reply to Fred:

Thanks for the kind offer Fred - E-Mail is camhaze@shaw.ca

Boje

> I just went to my pile of Rocksports, and the article is in the first one I picked up.

> February 1973.

> I can scan you a copy and mail it, if you mail me though UKC so I have your address.

> Fred

Ian Parsons 18 Apr 2014
Good work, Fred! A somewhat classic shot of Mo on the cover as well. And also, rather worryingly, a piece from Bob Shepton about Portland; my God - what must that have been like in 1973, ie at least 15 years before anyone thought of putting bolts in.

Too kind, Mick; but I've never been super-anything - except (probably) -cilious, and (certainly) -annuated!

Michael Hood 18 Apr 2014
In reply to Ian Parsons: I went to Portland once in I think it was 1978 because the seas were too big at Swanage. I can remember we looked at some of the crags on the West side of the island - there was a big multi-pitch VS in the guidebook that went up a big corner but the weather wasn't too kind and the big VS looked too scary.

We ended up doing a couple of trad routes in the Cuttings !!!

They were both graded MVS but there was nothing mild about them

Offwidth 18 Apr 2014
In reply to Ian Parsons:

Twaddle, Mick's right, you're a star. On the same day some fool describes dead Sherpas as not being climbers acts of kindness like this are important to restore faith in the site.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...