Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Air source heat pump

Philip on 18 Apr 2014
Hopefully moving house to somewhere we will stay for a very long time. I've been through this exercise with my current house where we never intended to stay more than 5-10 years.

I want to install central heating to a property without mains gas. It needs to be a system that works without someone there (not a coal/log fire and back boiler). Cost not a concern, if payback is good (considering renewables).

I'll be removing storage heaters, and disconnecting coal fire back boiler. (Although eventually this will become a log burner and I would later like to couple this in to help provide hot water).

Space inside is not easy, although it's a large house, there is a hot water cylinder, but I don't want an internal boiler if I can avoid it. Space outside is almost limitless. Roof is E and W facing.

I originally though oil, external boiler. Probably combi or unvented tank. Great mains water pressure. But I'd be interested from anyone who's fitted a heat pump either on its own or with some other heat source. I don't want downstairs underfloor heating as it means ripping up expensive flooring - but I see Dimplex do radiators that work at 40 degrees C.

My only worry with heat pump is that I'll be using a lot of electricity if I have heat pump + 1 or 2 electric showers + electric cooking. In my current house the electric boiler and shower are connected by relay to prevent simultaneous use.

Anyone on here tried biomass?
... not showing 18 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums