UKC

Millet Brenva GTX Alpine Mountaineering Boots

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Bootsy 19 Apr 2014
premier post photo
For sale are my Millet Brenva Evo GTX Alpine mountaineering boots (B2 rated) - size 11 (46).

They have been used for 2 weeks in the Alps for summer mountaineering trips on mixed snow and rock routes. They have also been used for a long weekend of winter climbing in Scotland. They have never let me down in terms of warmth or adaptability.

The boots have always been stored clean and dry and have been dubbed to keep the leather uppers supple. The boots are crampon compatible. They feature a clever lace locking system (as pictured) which allows the lower portion of the lacing to be secured at a different tension to the upper portion allowing for some subtlety in tightening them.

The condition is good with only minimal wear visible to the soles, heels and some superficial furring of the fabric where the leather meets the rand as pictured.

Weight is around 1kg per boot.

Here is what Millet's website says about them:-

Year-round technical mountaineering boot. Originated and tested in the Mont Blanc Massif, made in Italy. Very comfortable, precise and sure on the foot in all mountain conditions: ice, snow or mixed rock.

Isothermal to -20°C
Mixed leather-synthetic construction providing strength, durability, lightness, proofing and insulation
High-cut, rigid upper
Gore-Tex® DURATHERM membrane
Full rubber rand
Vibram® outsole
Compatible with all automatic crampon systems

Gore-Tex® DURATHERM
VIBRAM®
Born & tested in Mont-Blanc Massif, French Conception, Made In Italy.

2.8 mm water repellent leather
Cordura high tenacity
Gore-Tex® Duratherm

They have been excellent but I have replaced them with another slightly larger pair and these are now surplus to requirements. I used a pair of green Superfeet with them but they will be supplied with the unused original Millet insoles.

Preference is for cash on collection from SW London or Berkshire. Postage by courier within the UK mainland to be charged at cost at buyer's expense.

RRP on these new is €390 (see here: http://www.sportimium.com/en/hiking-boots-shoes/1762-millet-brenva-gtx-anth...

More Photos here - http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/Tearoommosh/library/Millet%20Brenva%20GTX...

These are advertised elsewhere so if you want to make me an offer for them please do - if they disappear from here it'll be because they've sold via other means.

£120
OP Bootsy 29 Apr 2014
In reply to Bootsy:

Thank to those who have expressed interest in these boots and for the offers received. At the time of writing the boots are still for sale and I should add that all sensible offers will be listened to.

Many thanks
OP Bootsy 04 May 2014
In reply to Bootsy:

Price reduced to £105 OVNO otherwise the eBay lottery beckons
DavoG 07 Jun 2014
In reply to Bootsy:

Hi dont suppose these are still for sale?
OP Bootsy 09 Jun 2014
In reply to DavoG:

Afraid not - they went last month.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...