/ Everest tragedy Sherpa support fund

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
paulh.0776 - on 19 Apr 2014
The latest Everest tragedy has taken 16 Sherpas lives this week, this leaves 16 families without a bread winner grieving for their loss and worrying about the future.
The American Alpine Club have started a support fund, please help if you can.

http://americanalpineclub.org/p/sherpa-support-fund
Jungle_153 - on 19 Apr 2014
In reply to paulh.0776:

I assume the companies that turn a good profit from the hard working Sherpas will be making generous donations ! And also ensuring that the families left behind are well cared for.
mrbird - on 19 Apr 2014
In reply to paulh.0776:

Just wondering if anybody knows if there is any type of insurance for the lads if theyre directly employed by these companies or are they self-employed?
The Bushman on 19 Apr 2014
In reply to Gareth999:

Not just the companies but the 100's of punters who pay their $40K ish to go to the worlds highest and busiest rubbish tip who utterly depend on otheres to drag them up!

Real shame the noble sherpas ultimately allways pay the price.
r0x0r.wolfo - on 19 Apr 2014
In reply to paulh.0776:

I'm not quite comfortable with this yet. They are proud people, I am not sure if this wouldn't cause offence.
ex0 - on 19 Apr 2014
In reply to paulh.0776:

This requires signing up for the American Alpine Club fwiw, may want to wait for an alternative if you don't want to do that.
VwJap - on 19 Apr 2014
The gov said they will get $10k insurance, the company's are normally pretty good to their Sherpas too, so hopefully they'll be ok

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.