UKC

Best group venue, Snowdonia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JuanTinco 19 Apr 2014
Hi All,

Nice and simple, where's best to take a group top roping in Snowdonia? For what its worth they are 18-22, mixed ability, somewhere sunny is high up on my list!

Thanks

Jon
 jezb1 19 Apr 2014
In reply to Jonshef:

There's a few options, the Upper Tier at Tremadog might fit the bill though.
 Landy_Dom 19 Apr 2014
In reply to Jonshef:

Lion rock is good, as is London crag (Craig Caseg Fraith Isaf)
In reply to Jonshef:

Holyhead Mountain though not in Snowdonia. it's got something for most people and when It's sunny, it's pretty warm. Failing that, Jez's suggestion is best - stunning views from the top of the crag.
In reply to Jonshef:

Pont y cromlech if it's nice weather... you'll get a more mountainous feel and can watch people on the multipitch crags all around you.
In reply to tlm:

> Little Tryfan?

Haven't we had the discussion about Little Tryfan being a bit of a grey area where SPA is concerned?
 tlm 20 Apr 2014
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

You might have had it, but I didn't read it! Also, the OP didn't say anything about SPA?
 ark05 20 Apr 2014
people seem to ask this all the time.. there aren't really many good top rope areas in snowdonia. most groups in the area go to nearby holyhead mountain (not really a mountain)or tremadog upper teir.
In reply to tlm:

The op asked about taking a group top roping. I could be forgiven for thinking that it might be work i.e. SPA work in which case Little Tryfan isn't described as single pitch in the guide book.
OP JuanTinco 25 Apr 2014
In reply to all:

Thanks for your input, ended up going to the upper tier at Tremadog, seemed to be ideal, nice routes, good set ups and sunshine. Do like the look of all the other venues though so hopefully will check them out soon.

Thanks

Jon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...