UKC

Doubling up Wallnuts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
iamaclimber 20 Apr 2014
What sizes of Wallnuts would you suggest it is worth doubling up on for mountain routes at VS to E2 when paired with a set of Offsets (7-11)?
 jezb1 20 Apr 2014
In reply to iamaclimber:

I carry 1-6 doubled and 7-11 singles normally.

I mostly climb vs - e1 and never really think I wish I had more larger nuts.
 neuromancer 20 Apr 2014
In reply to iamaclimber:
I double up all of the smaller sizes that aren't matched by an offset; i.e. 1, 2, 3.

I have found that I have used both doubles on routes in north wales, but I have never come across a situation where I wanted three of a rough size (which you would have if you doubled up nuts 4 onwards - e.g. 4, 4, offset 7 all are the same rough size).

However I do carry HB's and RP's (mainly for the slate).
Post edited at 15:14
In reply to iamaclimber:

Small to mid sized nuts I find I use most so I have duplicates of some of these. I use my Offsets every time I climb, mainly the medium sizes. I don't use my size 11 nut or my 10 very often - cams tend to fit those placements better. I've recently been using my hexes more.

Disclaimer: this only applies to north wales where I currently do 100% of climbing.
 FreshSlate 20 Apr 2014
In reply to iamaclimber:

All good advice.
 Monk 20 Apr 2014
In reply to iamaclimber:

Like others, I always double up on 1 to 6, and often carry triples in these sizes too. I do like to string pitches together and frequently get times when I use all 3 of particular sizes, particularly 3,4 and 5. This is in lakes, Wales and on multipitch limestone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...