UKC

Harrison's Saturday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 21 Apr 2014
Had a good day climbing at Harrisons on dry rock, with dry approaches - probably all gone to pot now due to yesterday's heavy rain!

It was good to see the toilet block open again, BUT ffs! The men's side was already in a disgusting state with marks on the door where someone had been kicking a football against it, pee on the floor under the urinals and loo paper lying on the floor in both the cubicles.

I don't know if the women's side was also in such a state?

It is so disheartening to see the lack of respect people, including climbers, are showing this building after the hard fought campaign to get a reprieve from it's demolition.

To add insult to injury we saw cars driving out and ignoring the voluntary pay box - no wonder there is no money to spend on maintenance.

Come on everyone who goes to Harrison's. Wake up and respect these toilet facilities otherwise they will be permanently lost along with the camp site, and that will just result in the surrounding woods becoming a filthy bog of loo paper and shit.

Oceanrower 21 Apr 2014
In reply to Trangia:

Whilst I completely agree with all of the above, I can't help feeling that better signage for the car parking would help.

As would having the box on the way out rather than half way round the loop!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...