UKC

iPod repair cost

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 23 Apr 2014
Just found out that daughter #2 has smashed her iPod screen after dropping it. A quick google seems to show that a repair is around £80. Is that correct.
 wilkie14c 23 Apr 2014
In reply to Indy:

ipod touch 4th generation? I do them for £33 inc a free screen protector. That is a full front unit - glass, digitizer, LCD and back light. So, about that sort of price locally to you.
andymac 23 Apr 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

My old iPod touch is the same shape as an iPhone 3.

It's dead,dead ,dead. Got a bit sweaty in my shorts .

Is it fixable ? Is it worth fixing?
Antigua 23 Apr 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

I've got the latest version of the iPod not sure which generation but has a smashed screen. Would be very interested in getting it fixed for that. What part of the UK are you?
 wilkie14c 23 Apr 2014
In reply to andymac:

Hi Andy
The screens will need to be removed and the logic board will need a ultrasonic clean. It needs to be done as soon as possible after being water damaged really as moisture will corrode connections etc. I can have a go, you've nothing to lose anyway!
 wilkie14c 23 Apr 2014
In reply to Antigua:

If it the very latest generation then its the touch 5th gen and I can't get the parts for them yet. I have seen supply of the screens only <no fitting> for £57 so yes, £80 ish is going to be about right mate.
andymac 23 Apr 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

This happened about 3 months ago.

Prob not worth it then?
 wilkie14c 23 Apr 2014
In reply to andymac:

Never say never but probably not! lol
OP Indy 23 Apr 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

As per your reply to Antigua I believe its a 5 gen as it was a Christmas present. At an £80 cost need to explore all the options. Thanks for the confirmation.
 wilkie14c 23 Apr 2014
In reply to Indy:

No probs dude, good luck with the repair
 althesin 23 Apr 2014
In reply to Indy:

I took daughter and ipod to apple store, activated tears, and they replaced ipod!
Generally dislike apple products, but credit where credit's due.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...