UKC

Anyone got one of these?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MtnGeekUK 23 Apr 2014
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/calcit-light-grey-climbing-helmet-id_8159327.htm...

Has anyone got one, or know anywhere else that sells them?

As it's climbing kit, won't be able to send back if i order online and it doesn't fit; and the nearest store is 2hrs+ away.
 Firestarter 23 Apr 2014
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

It says in the tech spec it has an adjustable wheel to fit head, and the product information gives sizes, so if you measure your head then go for the one that fits you should be fine?
 girlymonkey 23 Apr 2014
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

I have the white one, love it. Where you based? I'm quite near a couple of decathlon shops, so I don't imagine trying mine will be any easier for you!
I have an awkward head for helmet fit, and this one fits me well in the small size. I also got on well with the BD half dome and the camp armour helmets, if that helps at all? Personally I never buy a helmet without trying as slfew of the work for me, but if your head is more regular than mine then maybe it would be fine!
 tjin 24 Apr 2014
In reply to girlymonkey:

Try a helmet before buying. I once ordered the perfect helmet, in the right size. I soon donated it to my climbing club...
 BarrySW19 24 Apr 2014
In reply to tjin:
Agreed - shoes and helmets need to be tried in person - an uncomfortable helmet is going to bug you all day on the crag.
Post edited at 09:53
OP MtnGeekUK 24 Apr 2014
In reply to girlymonkey:
Brecon, South Wales.

Regularly venture to Mid Wales (Newtown/Welshpool) or South South Wales (Neath) and occasionally to Snowdonia (not as much as I'd like to).

I think I also have an odd shaped head (often looks like I'm smuggling a cone underneath with a few I've tried on!!)

Don't suppose you ever come my way to for a sneaky try on please?
Post edited at 19:16
 girlymonkey 24 Apr 2014
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

Fraid not! I live in central Scotland, and generally head north to hills. Plan your next holiday around a decathlon trip?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...