UKC

pheasant Inn Higher Burwardsley short walk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyd1970 24 Apr 2014
Does anyone know of any nice short walks, possibly on the sandstone trail and visit the Pheasant Inn for a pub lunch. Only looking for a couple of miles to walk as my wife has Arthritis and will be taking a dog. Looking for some where to park and then walk for a bit and then have lunch and walk back to the car possibly a circular walk.
Thanks
altirando 24 Apr 2014
In reply to andyd1970:
Ah, the Pheasant. Great place for lunch with those views. I sometimes do a circuit with an old friend along the rocky edge of the Sandstone Trail but this might be awkward for your wife. A short easy but pleasant little circuit is to park at the roadhead 520550 reached off the Wrexham road at Gallantry Bank. Walk up the track east towards the trees of Bulkeley Hill and along the wide trail which will bring you out opposite the old gatehouse. Turn left down hill and follow lane round to the Pheasant. Coming back, walk back up to the gatehouse and turn right but this time keep on the very broad track that takes you straight back to your car. Oh, can't be much more than a mile each way.

Actually the last time I was up there with my friend I was actually in the early stages of a heart problem - he got quite worried that I was not able to keep up as he has a pacemaker. A few days later I found myself having an angioplasty - stents to clear a blocked artery. Don't think it was the meal though - always good at the Pheasant. They now also own the Fishpools Inn near Delamere.
Post edited at 18:14
OP andyd1970 24 Apr 2014
In reply to altirando:

That's great. I found the route on the map and it's ideal for what I want, plus i can extend the route a bit if required. Very much appreciated and my dad's had stents so I hope things are OK now.
Thanks
Andy
 Pekkie 26 Apr 2014
In reply to andyd1970:

Blimey,

Stents, arthritis, pacemakers, angioplasty, blocked arteries. I've only had a stroke. You won't mind if I overtake you with my zimmer frame will you?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...