UKC

Corsica short visit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JohnV 25 Apr 2014
Might have a couple of days in Corsica next week. I know next to nothing about the place. Any recommendations both on and off the rock? We would be getting a ferry into Bastia, not too keen on driving too far. Any classic multipitch 6a routes in the north for example? Bouldering? Nice beaches or other pretty things to see?
 Martin Bennett 25 Apr 2014
In reply to JohnV:

I'm no expert on Corsica but finally had a fortnight there last year after many many years of meaning to. It lived up to expectations, and more. Back to your question - it's only an hour's drive from Bastia airport to Corte, and then you're at the heart of one of the major granite regions with a lifetime of climbs from short sport to 12 pitches and more.

There's more than one valley with easily approached climbs, but without doubt, with limited time the one to go for is the Gorge de la Restonica.

Up to date comprehensive guide books seem to be difficult (impossible) to get but there are selected guides available in Corte. Just noticed you said next week - dunno just what it'll be like this time of year.

Many years ago on a family holiday I found some limestone sport venues around Bastia itself, but from what I recall they wouldn'[t be worth a special trip. But then, I'm only a reluctant bolt clipper!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...