UKC

Paramo Enduro?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cameron94 01 May 2014
Now that the jacket has been on the shelf's for a wee while now and people have hopefully had a chance to use it in anger I'm looking for opinions on it.

I know it fits me well, having tried one on.

What do you think of the performance?

Does it do the job?

Pro's and con's?

Thanks for any feedback.
lnn 02 May 2014
In reply to Cameron94:

I got an Enduro Jacket last autumn and have used it lots over the winter, so obviously it's seen plenty of bad weather. I traded in an Aspira Jacket for it mainly due to the better fit.

Usual Paramo caveat's apply in that it's not totally waterproof - you do get the odd damp patch in mega heavy rain but it's no worse than getting soaked with sweat in a gore-tex or similar. It dries out fast and stays comfy and I can honestly say its never bothered me. Worn with just a base layer underneath you can wear it all day without having to keep changing jackets if the weather changes. I tend to just carry a belay-style jacket to chuck over the top for stops and no other spare layers. Warmth wise it's about the same as wearing a Powershield type softshell - I tend to use mine from Autumn through to Spring, it's a bit too warm for Summer use. Worth keeping it clean so that the outside beads well, but that's also true of gore-tex etc.

Other than that the fit's good, but on the short side (which I like but some might not). Good hood, fits over my Petzl Meteor fine. Pockets are sensibly placed and function well. Price wise it might seem a bit steep but it basically replaces a softshell and hardshell so actually quite good value I think. I'm not going to be using anything else any time soon.

That's my two penny worth, hope it helps.
OP Cameron94 04 May 2014
In reply to lnn:

Thanks a lot for your reply. A decent wee chunk of info there.

Anyone else out there?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...