UKC

Bluebells nr Sheffield (Eccy Woods?)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dan Arkle 02 May 2014
It is that time of year where I lose days of my life trying to take the perfect photo of bluebells.

I was thinking of doing a recce run through the woods today, can anyone tell me if they have seen some good bluebells out yet?
 Clarence 02 May 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

I am not near Sheffield but this is the time of year for car crashes as people park just under the brow of the hill and then dash out to get photographs of the bluebells in the woods opposite my house. The display at the moment is spectacular, both the bluebells and the amount of debris on the road.
 Chris the Tall 02 May 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

Rode through there on Monday and they were starting to look good, so well worth a look
OP Dan Arkle 02 May 2014
In reply to Chris the Tall:

thanks
 Tom Valentine 02 May 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

These days you can get arrested and put in jail for saying "Eccy" Woods....
 deepsoup 05 May 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

I noticed some nice bluebells today, growing on the bank below the Agden dam just up the path from the cricket green at Low Bradfield here:
http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=426308&Y=392251&A=Y&Z=115

Also on the hillside below Agden Rocher, but I'm not so sure exactly where - I think they were about here:
http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=426168&Y=393258&A=Y&Z=115
 Banned User 77 05 May 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

I find across the road better than eccy woods, in ladies spring woods, basically between Dore Station and beauchief Hall, if you follow the round sheffield walk route from twenty well up to the hall you should see loads..

Really missing them this year, a stunning time of year.

And Eccy woods is fine as a name..
 Shani 05 May 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

Rode a circuit of Ecclesall Woods this evening. There are loads of bluebells about and the woods looked spectacularly verdent. Birdsong filled the air. A beautiful ride.
 mbh 05 May 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

Is this an especially good year for bluebells?

Perhaps I have just got out more, but the displays around here (Cornwall) are really striking, especially with the white ramsons (well, we get the three cornered garlic version), wood anemones and mouse ears. All very common, but terrific to see en masse.
 Paul Atkinson 05 May 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

they are really beautiful, as they are every year, in the woods at SJ960784 just over the other side of brickworks hill from Lyme Park
 Chris the Tall 06 May 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

Eccy Woods looking pretty spectacular as I rode through it this morning
 ebygomm 06 May 2014
In reply to Dan Arkle:

Further out of Sheffield always a good display if you walk up the byway that runs up Johnnygate lane by Barlow Woodseats.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...