ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Marriage proposal on Napes Needle

Angie Jones - on 04 May 2014
So yesterday, 4 of us clambered up to. Napes Needle. My partner Richard Crabtree, was designated the lead and me as second. First view up to shoulder looked difficult for gear placement but plenty of handholds - this was my first climb at this grade. Ric spent a bit of time finding the route but was soon celebrating on the top. He looped the rope under the nose to strap himself to the top for a secure belay. I was nervous here but I grappled up and stood on the top - crucifix style! Amazed myself! Not much room and a bit precarious on the safety, I climbed down on a belay then Ric down climbed keeping the rope around the nose for added protection. We paused on the shoulder shivering and full if elation and adrenalin having achieved this classic climb in our favourite place and then Ric says "know how u say I'm not romantic? Well here we are by England's highest mountain and deepest lake" Then he reaches into his chalk bag, pulls out a box which contained a beautiful solitaire diamond ring and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes and cried and shook with emotion on windy shoulder of Napes Needle. The most perfect day on earth, the most amazing man on earth and the most beautiful place - with that wonderful mix of danger and nature - I have never been so happy in my life. I wonder, are we the worlds first couple to get engaged on Napes Needle?
... not showing 76 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums