UKC

masson lees

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Joe Dove 04 May 2014
Has anyone been to masson lees recently. What kind of condition is it in. Thanks
 bigdrew 04 May 2014
In reply to Joe Dove:

All the left hand wall looked bone dry and in good nic.

On the main side Eye Eye and a couple of routes round it looking petty good. The first set of routes as you go down, Forefinger exercise and Hilti sound system area are dry and and chalked.

This was a few days ago just after rain So I would suspect it has improved a bit since. Post back if you head down and have a look.

HallDale down the road is all dry as well.
 MountainGoat82 05 May 2014
In reply to Joe Dove:

I have been there a few times recently and would definitely advise you to wear a helmet, particularly when belaying as I have been hit by loose rock every time I have been this year! Otherwise, it is dry but dirty on the main walls. White wall(?) to the right when entering looks dirty and slippery and Overhanging Wall was still wet higher up.

Also, it seems to be very busy down there these days. The last two times that I have been there there have been large groups taking up entire sections for the whole day and made it impossible for me to get on my project routes so I shall not be returning any time soon!
OP Joe Dove 06 May 2014
Went there yesterday. Was busy but may have felt Worse as many lines were still wet. Overhanging wall was wet between bison fute till second class citizen and then after pete clark diaries. Black wall was wet apart from cattle mutilation which was damp and really dirty for the step left at the top. Red wall was ok.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...