UKC

Alcalali Parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Drove past the Alcalali (Costa Blanca) crags today and we noticed that they've reversed the parking from how it was last year (and in the guide).
The old parking lane is now the main road and the old road is the parking!
I imagine they got fed up with so many people accidently (or not) taking a shortcut through the parking area.
In reply to John Wellbelove:

Actually climbed at Alcalali today. The entrance to the parking is a bit odd. It can only be safely entered from the Orba/Murla direction. If you have just come through Alcalali village you will see what appears to be the entrance to the parking at the top of the hill, but is in fact only for access to the houses. The parking has 'no entry' signs at this end.
You will either have to make a difficult turn at the other end across oncoming traffic on a blind bend!!! or go further on towards Murla/Orba until you find a place to turn around.
 LeeWood 06 May 2014

I bet that was hot in May ??

The parking arrangement there was unusual so I look forward to seeing the new one......
In reply to LeeWood:

It has been quite hot around mid-day. We have tended to go mid-afternoon as it starts to cool off a little. The great thing is the sun doesn't go down until 9pm here so we can get a lot of climbs done.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...