/ Via Corda Alpina, Chamonix, which guidebook?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Alison - on 05 May 2014
Does anyone happen to know which guidebook the 600m, F3 Via Corda Alpina route is in? And does anyone have any experience doing this at the end of May? Should it be snow free? Thanks!
woollardjt - on 05 May 2014
In reply to Alison:

I don't think it's in any guide books but here is a link

http://m.camptocamp.org/routes/56065/en/rives-de-la-mer-de-glace-rocher-des-mottets-via-corda-alpina

Should be ok end of May as it is lower than the montenver station.
JohnV - on 05 May 2014
In reply to Alison:

It's in the Chamonix valley crags guidebook, and yes snow free.
Alison - on 05 May 2014
In reply to Alison:

Thanks all! is the Chamonix valley crags book this one? http://www.climb-europe.com/RockClimbingShop/Chamonix-Crag-Climbing-Guidebook.html
peebles boy - on 05 May 2014
In reply to Alison:

That looks like it. Will double check tomo (did it last summer and it's defo in whatever book we bought out there, got our guidebook at the Quecha store).

Recommend the Voie Calline beside it, feels more of a climb than Corda Alpina which is a bit of a nice but rambling route.
woollardjt - on 06 May 2014
In reply to peebles boy:

Ah I have the old version of that guide book didn't realise it was in the new one
peebles boy - on 06 May 2014
In reply to Alison:

Yep, that's it, page 109.

Route info says take a 40m rope. Heed this advice! We took a 35 and there were times when some moving together was needed to reach the next belay! Bolts are well spaced out, but there when you need them.

Did I mention Voie Caline is really good too...! :-)
woollardjt - on 06 May 2014
In reply to peebles boy:

Yep voie caline is a better route, both easy routes but fun all the same
dannyW - on 06 May 2014
In reply to Alison:

From memory via cords alpine is briefly mentioned in the older edition of that guidebook although there are no pics or topos. Really nice route did it last year and moved together the whole way and finished with a few tins of beer in the sun from the buffet at the top.
ads.ukclimbing.com
dannyW - on 06 May 2014
In reply to Alison:

Damn predictive text obviously meant via corda alpina!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.