UKC

How to watch the Giro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I'd really like to follow the Giro this year but I'm at a loss as to how I'm supposed to keep up with it.
The whole thing is being shown on Eurosport but it seems that eurosport has been pulled from freeview now.
So I had a look at the "eurosport player" app for my TV. sounds great! but I've just read that there's no on-demand function and that all of the scheduling is in the day while I'm at work with no highlights show in the evening.

Is there any website I can watch a highlights show of the giro in the evening? Or even to be able to stream the whole race on-demand?
 Oujmik 06 May 2014
In reply to Double Knee Bar:

I read that BBC Northern Ireland will have a daily highlights program on their website. I don't know if that means a full programme or a 5 minute roundup. Also I don't know if you have to be in NI to receive (but a proxt server could fix that).
 balmybaldwin 06 May 2014
In reply to Oujmik:

steephill.tv will usually have highlights programs that you can stream

I take it ITV4 aren't doing anything?

Mr Powly 06 May 2014

www.cyclingfans.com provides a list of live streams
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Thanks for that. Thought they just did like feeds. Will check it out. Failing that ill see if the BBC highlights are any good. Cheers Oujmik
 Chris the Tall 06 May 2014

For a sport based entirely on the fact that riders are travelling billboards for their sponsors, they don't seem to have grasped the whole thing about TV coverage yet have they?

Apparently ASO (who own the tour and the vuelta) insist on free-to air coverage, but RCS (who own the Giro) don't.
 niallk 07 May 2014

Eurosport normally have evening highlights of most of the cycling they cover including the Giro, so would be surprised if they don't do so this year.

Lack of on-demand is indeed a bit of a pain, however you can 'rewind' the live feed by up to about 2 or 3 hours or so. Thus you can see the tail of the live coverage without needing to wait for the 'highlights' programme.

Also, if you subscribe earlier next year you get to watch the one-day races which can be some of the most exciting racing going.

Cheers guys.
Looks like I won't be getting in till late this evening. If anybody scopes a decent highlights feed let me know please.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...