UKC

NEWS: IFSC Baku 2014 Bouldering World Cup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 May 2014
Shauna Coxsey in 3rd Place on the Baku 2014 Podium, 5 kbThe weekend of the 3rd/4th of May saw the 2nd round of the IFSC Bouldering World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan

Shauna Coxsey continued her success, narrowly missing out on 1st place but still achieving 3rd...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68901
In reply to UKC News:

Pretty gutting to see how close Shauna was to gold!
 Derek Ryden 09 May 2014
In reply to UKC News:

I've been an avid viewer of previous years' IFSC bouldering comps, but have been dismayed at the quality of this year's footage. Poor camera angles, cutting from one competitor to another at shockingly inappropriate moments, not to mention the usual inane commentry. Is there any chance of getting a well-edited version? Is there any chance the commentator, likeable chap as he is, could be replaced by someone who actually understands bouldering, and can add to, rather than detract from, what we are watching?
 peewee2008 09 May 2014
In reply to Derek Ryden:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> could be replaced by someone who actually understands bouldering, and can add to, rather than detract from, what we are watching?

The guest commentator was James Kassay, I think he knows a thing or two about the World Cup.

Puppythedog 09 May 2014
In reply to UKC News:

I have been dissapointed in the footage this year also for the same reasons as you. I was less concerned with the commentary but quite frustrated with the footage.
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 10 May 2014
In reply to Derek Ryden:

> could be replaced by someone who actually understands bouldering, and can add to, rather than detract from, what we are watching?

We listen to our own music while watching the images, the camera work could be better too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...