UKC

Owning an apartment in Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tyler 07 May 2014
Usual day deam/flight of fancy type thing. Does anyone who owns or has owned an apartment in or near Chamonix have any thoughts on doing so. I think I'm well versed in the pitfalls so am interested in how they can be overcome, and how you can go about monetizing it.
Is it easy to get people to manage a property if renting out on a weekly basis
Is there a market for weekly rents of low end (shabby) small properties
What are the rents you can expect if you rent out to seasonaires e.g for a 1 bed flat or studio
What taxes are payable and what charges may I not have thought of
 Indy 07 May 2014
In reply to Tyler:

> Is there a market for weekly rents of low end (shabby) small properties

If that translates into clean, secure but basic then hell yes! Accommodation costs are the number 1 reason why most people I know don't go.
 Cú Chullain 07 May 2014
In reply to Tyler:

I was under the impression that most of those apartment blocks in Chamonix Sud are holiday lets. I have rented tiny studio places in the past, so long as they had a comfy bed and were clean and tidy then I was happy. Truth is some of the campsites in Chamonix are getting a bit bloody pricey so I am not surprised some people would rather pay that bit extra and actually get a roof over their heads.
 Tim Davies 07 May 2014
In reply to Tyler:

Taxe fonctionnaire
Taxe habitation (basically a council tax payable by whoever is living there)
Expect to pay towards the upkeep of the building (copropriete) for things like lifts, painting, swimming pools etc

Removed User 08 May 2014
In reply to Tyler:

Hello,

Is it easy to get people to manage a property if renting out on a weekly basis ? Yes, especially thanks to estate agencies.

Is there a market for weekly rents of low end (shabby) small properties ? Yes because renting in Chamonix is very expansive. Examples of average renting prices in a cheap area in the center of Chamonix on http://www.franceloc.co.uk/ski/residence-montagne-hiver-chamonix-site-EN.ht...

What are the rents you can expect if you rent out to seasonaires e.g for a 1 bed flat or studio ? You can ask the question to an estate agengy, for instance altitud-immo which rents flats for seasonaires. A winter season begins in December and ends in May.

What taxes are payable and what charges ? Taxe foncière + taxe d'habitation + building charges + heating

Aline (France)
 jon 08 May 2014
In reply to Tyler:

Trangia makes some good points on here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=577672&v=1#x7663781

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...