UKC

Best knee surgeon in Sheff/Manchester/Macclesfield/Chesterfield

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I would like to know who to trust with my knees!! Any Orthopaedic staff who can recommend a skilled arthrosopy practitioner? Who would you let loose on yours? Private messages may be adviseable to avoid libellous posts!!?! Thankyou in advance, Nik.
ceri 07 May 2014
In reply to buxtoncoffeelover:

Is Derby out of area? Mr Geutjens was in charge of my knee surgery (although I'm not sure it was actually him that did it, I was asleep at the time...

Derby not on my list of dozen choices!! Had prior knee surgery done under spinal anaesthetic to avoid possibility of juniors 'having a look round' as was often the way they learnt during my 15 years as a Theatre Nurse!! I know everybody has to learn, but I winced on many an occasion as more damage was inflicted (& then tidied up by Consultant, where possible).

If you can get to nottingham, Mr Peter James is one of the best knee surgeons in the country. One of my mates bro in law is supposedly good and practices in sheffield. Im away right now but if you can wait i can get his details on friday. PM me.
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Nottingham not on list of choices, but would appreciate name of chap in Sheffield. Will PM you on Friday. Thankyou. Nik
 Nordie_matt 07 May 2014

http://www.kneesurgerymanchester.co.uk/about.html

Andy lavender is reputably very good
 BrainoverBrawn 07 May 2014
D.I.Y.....

Little at a time. Stand on tiptoes, stretches for ankles and waist/hips, lot of work but in between more relaxed versions of your idea of fun.

Surely.
 Banned User 77 07 May 2014

theres a guy out in oswestry who is meant to be one of the best around..
In reply to Nordie_matt:

Thankyou very much- sounds like what I need.
In reply to IainRUK:

Thankyou. Oswestry has many good quality practitioners- did some of my extended-role Theatre training there under Prof R. Unfortunately not on my list of options from GP.
 Nordie_matt 08 May 2014

No problem, hope it all works out for you.
 JR 08 May 2014
In reply to John Roberts (JR):

Satisfactorily I presume!! Thankyou.
 JR 09 May 2014

Yes - was skiing without a brace within 12 months after an ACL recon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...