/ bestest buddy film ever

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Choss on 07 May 2014
is...

Butch and Sundance.

If anyone disagrees, please show your workings, then i will explain why you are wrong ;-P
PeterM - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

I disagree. It is obviously this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118787/
Just look at that cast...
Choss on 07 May 2014
In reply to PeterM:

> I disagree. It is obviously this:


> Just look at that cast...

Tut tut, no posting Links, show your workings
PeterM - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

It's got Rene Russo, Robbie Coltrane and a Gorilla...and 'Buddy' in the title, or 'Buddy Buddy' It's got Buddy in the title twice, and it's got Matthau and Lemmon in it. Of course any film with Jay and Silent Bob could fit the bill.....Snoogins!
wilkie14c - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

Brokeback mountain. Those boys got extremely close.
Choss on 07 May 2014
In reply to PeterM:
In mallrats, Jay and silent bob were Supposed to be butch and sunDance. It was smiths Homage to that film. They are hunted down by le fours, enough said

And its snoogans... snootch to the motherfucking nootch... put it Back you tubby bitch... Pack of wraps my good man Time to Kick Back Drink some beer and smoke some weed :-)
Post edited at 14:58
graeme jackson - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:
> is...
>
> Butch and Sundance.
>
> If anyone disagrees, please show your workings, then i will explain why you are wrong ;-P

Butch and sundance didn't have fast cars or automatic weapons. The answer to the question must therefore be one of the fast and furious entries.
PeterM - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

Ahem,
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snoogins
..so it must be true...
Choss on 07 May 2014
In reply to PeterM:

Well, that must be right then don Juan delanooch, but im Sure its with an A in the film
Kemics - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

A shout out to Die hard III - Bruce Willis and Samuel l Jackson. A powerful combo.

However, for me, for sheer fun has to be rush hour. Prime Jackie chan, wise cracking chris tucker. They high five and simultaneously karate kick people. Best buddy movie.
Blue Straggler - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, because (aside from The Replacement Killers) it is Mira Sorvino at peak pulchritude, and it has Alan Cumming in it.
Choss on 07 May 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

I Used to respect your film nouse (despite your Blind Spot with Remakes).

But Comparing romy and Michelle to butch and sunDance????

TROLLL!!!!!
Blue Straggler - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

I was really just comparing Mira Sorvino to Katharine Ross :-P
dek - on 07 May 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Kevin & Perry go large! .....Any fule kno...etc etc
Blue Straggler - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

A Boy and His Dog!!

Because it has a talking dog (kind of), and Susanne Benton. And they EAT her! "She had good taste" :-)
In reply to broken spectre:

Thelma and Louise

Because they knowingly commit suicide together.

Alan
Choss on 07 May 2014
In reply to Alan James - UKC and UKH:
> Thelma and Louise

> Because they knowingly commit suicide together.

already Done, and in more style, in butch and sundance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndYSLNXZxPo
Post edited at 18:37
sbc_10 - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

Good ol' fashioned feel good movie making, Burt and Kirk as buddies.

You youngsters probably don't remember them.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092105/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_11

Tom V - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:
"Midnight Run" because it's a progressional grudging buddy thing but by the end we all feel good.
Similarly with the excellent French "Point Blank"
Post edited at 18:45
gunbo - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

Young guns its got to be look at the cast emillio estevez, charlie sheen (e.es brother) lou diamond philips, kiefer sutherland, dermot mulroney, terence stamp good cast good shoot outs good plot and a kick ass soundtrack courtesy from one of the biggest rock bands in the world bonjovi any other reasons needed for this to be the best buddy movie
ads.ukclimbing.com
Blue Straggler - on 07 May 2014
In reply to gunbo:

You need to check your facts, buddy. The band Bon Jovi was not involved with either Young Guns film. Jon Bon Jovi, at the time putting together his first "solo" work, wrote Blaze of Glory for Young Guns II. The soundtrack was by Alan Silvestri.
Kimono - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

number one for me has to be Sideways
1poundSOCKS - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

Midnight Cowboy.
Tom Last - on 07 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

> is...

> Butch and Sundance.

> If anyone disagrees, please show your workings, then i will explain why you are wrong ;-P

You're not wrong.

Watched it with my Grandad the day before the night he died, back in 1990.

I really, really love that film :)
gunbo - on 08 May 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Two good films and the sound tracks for both are awesome still yg1 is the best buddy film
richyfenn on 09 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, a masterful marriage of animation, story telling and crude jokes :)
Jimbo C - on 09 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

Either of the Bill and Ted films - hilarious.

And the soundtracks aint bad either.
mrdigitaljedi - on 09 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

K2

Personnel sacrifice, never giving up on ur buddy..
BnB - on 09 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

The Odd Couple. If you can find two funnier actors than Matthau and Lemmon I'll eat my hat.

Freebie and the Bean. More in the spirit of your original question. Great lads' movie.
Choss on 09 May 2014
In reply to BnB:

I still dont see anyone putting a Better buddy movie forward.

Ill put convoy in 2nd place.
adam11 - on 09 May 2014
Secondhand Lions tops them all. I guess a lot of folk from this Parish could identify with it.

Tom V - on 09 May 2014
In reply to broken spectre:

Just found a "buddy films list" on Wiki and it makes interesting reading.

My other nomination after Midnight Run would be Cutter's Way, one of the most underrated films ever made.
Admittedly it features a woman disturbing the buddy relationship (as shagging your best friend's girl is wont to do)( and her performance in this film should have garnered her some major awards) but the two blokes and their troubled relationship is a winner in every sense.
Contains some of the most haunting movie music I've ever heard and an absolutely hilarious drunk driving scene :(

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.