UKC

Chew Valley Challenge 2014

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
This is taking place next weekend on Sunday 18th. For those of you on FaceBook, search for "Chew Valley Cragsmen", join and read all about it. For those who are not, it's a climbing based challenge in a very broad sense.

You need to be in a team (2-4 people) and ability makes no difference, it's all about being cunning and perhaps being prepared to bribe the guy running it (i.e. me) if things get desperate. Basicalluy it's lots of fun so why not?

You get points for crags and locations vistied, climbs done, treasures found and cakes eaten. There will be bonuses and handicaps for ability, age, clothing, wet weather, number of dogs & children, complaints and anything else I come up with on the day.

The full rules will be on the CVC FB page by Tuesday next week. Even though we are cragsmen, cragsladies may also join in.

Any questions, just ask.
 FreshSlate 09 May 2014
> Even though we are cragsmen, cragsladies may also join in.

I see your game. Taking the high road against the Pinnacle club are we?

(Don't worry the resultant fall-out should keep this thread bumped indefinitely)

In all seriousness, sounds like fun, will check it out, thanks.

In reply to FreshSlate: Luckily all that stuff with the Pinnacle Club passed me by. The rules and amended start times are now on the Chew Valley FaceBook page. Come along and join in the fun, we may all be dead by Tuesday.

astley007 13 May 2014
In reply to Frank the Husky:

What a shame I'm working and wont be able to come as I had "a cunning plan" to win
Cheers
Baldnick
In reply to astley007: That is a shame, can you not get a note from a doctor to say you can't make it into work? Maybe next time boss. See you at the bolt debate!

Choss 13 May 2014

Put a Link to page please...

And could i win solely on number of dogs and cakes eaten?
In reply to Choss: Here you go boss:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/120969574613193/

Yes, there are points for cakes eaten, although you'll have to wait for the treasure hunt section to find out how many and what you have to do to get them.

In reply to Frank the Husky: Any other takers? The weather up in the valley today was magic.

deacondeacon 14 May 2014

Yep, I'm coming over and I'm really excited. I've pretty much done no climbing over there so it'll be great to get on some new routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...