UKC

What would Pete Livesey tweet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 10 May 2014

@john-syrett managed 64 traverses in the corridor with weight belt on #leedswall #imawesome

@ron_fawcett @pete_gomersal don't forget the chisel boys. we go to the Lakes this weekend #DasKapital #lakesclimbersarecrap
 Bulls Crack 10 May 2014
In reply to Michael Ryan:

@andy_pollit RE Zukator. Try going up L wall of groove lol #sandbag
 Enty 10 May 2014

@dicky_dunn_sports_centre #please clean blood from hand jams#don't want aids.

E
OP Michael Ryan 10 May 2014

@john_sheard @mark_radtke I want a cut of the royalties from my book. Gravity is kind here but the ethics are strict. #nochippinginheaven #godstheboss
 coreybennett 10 May 2014

@Ron_rawcett @jerry_moffat #mastersedge #inyourface #imthemaster
 Bob 10 May 2014

@tap going to Blackpool, don't b naughty while I'm gone
 lowersharpnose 11 May 2014

Beans on toast
sheardy 13 May 2014

@john_sheard@mark_radtke Oops, just realised there are no royalties, proceeds go to the charity of the hospital which saved Sheardy's life. Anyway don't really need money here. Tell Mick Ryan I've got my eye on him.
 Mick Ward 13 May 2014
In reply to Bob:

> @tap going to Blackpool...

Err... that would be via Chee Tor?

Mick
astley007 13 May 2014
In reply to Mick Ward:

chris@bonnington..the winch has run out of petrol

that must be a classic? but can anyone remember the one about dangling money...fivers? from the same route?
 Mick Ward 14 May 2014
In reply to astley007:

At the risk of seeming a spoilsport, I've always thought that it was funny only for a few seconds. It went on far, far too long. Overall I felt it was unbecoming from Pete. Bonners gritted his teeth and showed amazing professionalism for the camera. I know I'd have let fly! (Probably in the last few moments before flying...)

It was a stark contrast to Bonners' marked courtesy towards Whillans on Dovedale Groove and, even more so, his genuine concern for Bill Peascod on Pillar Front. The maybe somewhat brash young man of yesteryear had matured. Perhaps the premature deaths of so many of his mates had returned him to the simple decency of consideration to others. Who knows? It's his business, not ours'.

Still and all, it was great to see Pete on camera one last time. Beforehand, he wondered if he'd get up it. But he did.

We like happy endings. Well I do anyway.

Mick

jon 14 May 2014
In reply to Mick Ward:

I can't remember if I ever saw the Footless Crow film, I suspect I didn't. What series was it part of? I've been googling it to find it maybe on youtube, but haven't come up with anything.
In reply to Mick Ward:

> At the risk of seeming a spoilsport, I've always thought that it was funny only for a few seconds. It went on far, far too long. Overall I felt it was unbecoming from Pete. Bonners gritted his teeth and showed amazing professionalism for the camera. I know I'd have let fly! (Probably in the last few moments before flying...)

> It was a stark contrast to Bonners' marked courtesy towards Whillans on Dovedale Groove and, even more so, his genuine concern for Bill Peascod on Pillar Front. The maybe somewhat brash young man of yesteryear had matured. Perhaps the premature deaths of so many of his mates had returned him to the simple decency of consideration to others. Who knows? It's his business, not ours'.

Well bespoke.
 Tricky Dicky 14 May 2014

sausage, eggs & chipped holds coming right up
 jon 14 May 2014
In reply to Andy Say:

Ah, thanks for that.
 Andy Say 14 May 2014
In reply to jon:

There's a part of the series here - youtube.com/watch?v=yRH9SvGQ6Rc&
 jon 14 May 2014
In reply to Andy Say:
Thanks. I saw that one a few weeks back. I wonder if the Footless Crow one is lurking somewhere on video?
Post edited at 16:43
 Chris the Tall 14 May 2014
In reply to Mick Ward:

> At the risk of seeming a spoilsport, I've always thought that it was funny only for a few seconds. It went on far, far too long. Overall I felt it was unbecoming from Pete. Bonners gritted his teeth and showed amazing professionalism for the camera. I know I'd have let fly! (Probably in the last few moments before flying...)

But without Bonners amazing professionalism the joke wouldn't have been funny in the first place !

Was he offended - or was the joke agreed before hand ?
OP Michael Ryan 14 May 2014
In reply to sheardy:

> @john_sheard@mark_radtke Oops, just realised there are no royalties, proceeds go to the charity of the hospital which saved Sheardy's life.

@john_sheard @wolfgang_gullich @john_bachar We were all watching u John. Consider dropping a grade. Glad you are back on the beer. Plenty of 9a's up here 4 u #climbersinheaven
sheardy 20 May 2014
In reply to Tricky Dicky:

@tricky_dicky thought these were supposed to be tweets from me (what ever tweets might be, no such thing when I was around) Any idea what you are talking about? Ever 'clawed' yourself up?
sheardy 20 May 2014
In reply to Chris the Tall:

@chris_the tall Think me and Chris B are ok. After all he was kind enough to speak at my funeral.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...