UKC

Future US President?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 10 May 2014
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-27354535

Stranger things have happened. Prefer her to Clinton by a long way.
redsonja 10 May 2014
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

an American couple I met last year said they think their next president will be Hilary Clinton. probably going to be a woman anyway...
 aln 10 May 2014

Future US president is what you get from that story? How about kidnap slavery and rape of of children by fundamentalists?
In reply to aln:

Crikey. Some people can get righteously indignant about just about anything.
 aln 10 May 2014

The link in your OP is to the recent kidnap of 200 plus schoolgirls by a fundamentalist Islamic group. I think that's something to be indignant about.
 Banned User 77 12 May 2014

If the rumours are true her and BO are facing a divorce... that wouldn't go down well.

I think Clinton may be too old and it could be the republicans time, 8 years is a long time... a pity as the economy is slowly improving but people like change.
 ByEek 12 May 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> but people like change.

People like the idea of change. Sadly it is rarely delivered as promised and if it ever is, most are generally disappointed.

I wonder if there will ever be an era of politics where proponents promise to try and make things a little bit better, but without rocking the boat?
 The New NickB 12 May 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> If the rumours are true her and BO are facing a divorce... that wouldn't go down well.

I am not aware of any rumours, but I have heard some totally bizarre and totally untrue stuff coming out of the States about both of them, so I would not be surprised if there are all sorts of "rumours".

Arn't the Republicans still imploding, with large numbers of their core vote going even further right.
 mbh 12 May 2014
In reply to The New NickB:

I do so hope that those rumours are just a fabrication.

The world is a much better place for that pair. Please, long may they continue.
 cander 12 May 2014

I was listening to Radio 4 yesterday evening and Elizabeth Warren was being tipped as a strong contender if Hilary Clinton didn't stand
 Banned User 77 12 May 2014
In reply to The New NickB:
yes and no.. the GOP/tea party split is still an issue but there are some who say its coming to an end, but others who say there could be an official split..

The republicans have a decent chance but Christie, from NJ, was looking a great candidate, he's well liked across the parties, even by the democrats and would get a lot of independent votes, but he's been hit with 'bridge gate'.. an issue with traffic being created..

There's also jeb bush who has come out with a few pro immigration statements and is pretty well liked, so he's coming out as a fairly strong candidate. The problem is the moment they start sounding liberal and appealing to many independents they lose the ultra-conservative side... he's also a bush.. which has pros and cons..

If Christie can come through Bridge gate relatively unscathed he may stand a good chance of the presidency.
Post edited at 16:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...