UKC

Boots for 6000m?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
nickhelm2013 10 May 2014
Am going on a guided trip to Peru and we will do 2 or 3 peaks with the highest being 6000m. Some of the advice is that my la sportiva Nepal extremes (yellow) may not be warm enough, although this could be helped with insulated berghaus yeti gaiters.

Any thoughts?

Anyone with any higher altitude boots in good nick that they want to sell? English size 10.5, European size 44 or 45.
 JJL 10 May 2014
In reply to nickhelm2013:

Hi

Your Nepals will be more than fine. I've had two trips to the Andes - one in leather boots (to 6400m) and one in plastics (with inner boot) (to 6900m). If you dress sensibly and the boots aren't too tight, you will be fine.

If you really want another pair, I have the plastics I used (size 10.5) - they're Asolos (can't remember the model) and in good nick.
In reply to nickhelm2013: Provided you don't have particularly poor circulation or tend to struggle with cold feet, Nepal Extremes should be fine for the lower 6000m peaks.

I took my pair on the Peru trip I led in 2010 with a similar objective, although in the end we didn't get higher than peaks at 5400-5500m due to avalanche risk.

windjammer 11 May 2014

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...