UKC

Man City - Premier League Champions 2013-14

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The Blue Moon has risen.

DaveR 11 May 2014
In reply to Dispater:

Luckily I decided not to wait for MOTD and ii already know the result. Otherwise I'd be quite annoyed right now...
 Banned User 77 12 May 2014
In reply to Dispater:

Aye.. deserved though, they've not topped the table much but they have been the top team.

Liverpool have played superb football but you cant concede 50 plus goals and expect to win the league..

The best comment today was on the BBC text updates blaming an offside decision at the etihad against city for them not winning the title.. not conceding 50+ goals and blowing a 3-0 lead in 12 minutes..

Over the course of a season you get may good and bad calls, but if you win the title you deserve it.. you dont win it by strokes of luck.

Pelligrini has done well, mainly by being quiet.. City seem a quieter club now, less of the histrionics under Cooke and Mancini.. and I think that helps on the pitch.
Removed User 12 May 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

But it still sticks in my craw.
 Rampikino 12 May 2014
In reply to Removed User:

Don't let it.

We weren't robbed this season, we just weren't quite good enough. We had a lot of decisions go our way and we played some fantastic football. We made huge strides forward and the challenge now is to be up for the title next season.

Be proud, not annoyed!
 BnB 12 May 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

I would have been frustrated had Liverpool, playing many fewer games than the other 3 challengers, won the league. It wouldn't have been fair and I wonder how MU will benefit next season.
 1poundSOCKS 12 May 2014
In reply to Dispater:

I don't properly understand the reason City were fined, but isn't it because they overspent on players? If it is, maybe you have to ask the question, would they have won the league if they hadn't broken the rules?
 Rampikino 12 May 2014
In reply to BnB:

They played 38 league games.

All the other teams played 38 league games.
 wynaptomos 12 May 2014
In reply to BnB:

> I would have been frustrated had Liverpool, playing many fewer games than the other 3 challengers, won the league. It wouldn't have been fair and I wonder how MU will benefit next season.

I disagree. The top clubs now build their squads to deal with all the various competitions so can't complain then if they can't cope.

Liverpool are on an upward curve now though and will be stronger at the back next year. They just let in too many this time and Chelsea couldn't score enough so overall City were the best team.
 BnB 12 May 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

Don't be obtuse. Do you honestly believe 10 extra midweek champions league games would have had no effect on performances on preceding or succeeding Saturdays?
 BnB 12 May 2014
In reply to wynaptomos:

But Liverpool didn't have to cope. That's the point. The proof will be in next year's pudding. By the way, I wish them well now the odds have evened up. They played some great football. It's MU's turn to benefit. And believe me they will (more's the pity).
 Rampikino 12 May 2014
In reply to BnB:

I will be as obtuse as I like. Whether or not it would have had an effect or not has no bearing on whether or not it is FAIR. You were saying that it wasn't FAIR.

Okay, I think I would gladly have played more games this season if that meant we had been in contention for the cup competitions a bit longer, but we lost (to Man U and Arsenal) - that's fair.
 Rampikino 12 May 2014
In reply to BnB:

> But Liverpool didn't have to cope. That's the point. The proof will be in next year's pudding. By the way, I wish them well now the odds have evened up. They played some great football. It's MU's turn to benefit. And believe me they will (more's the pity).

And this gives an interesting perspective for Man United next season who will be starting from a similar position that Liverpool did this season. Will we see something similar...?
In reply to Removed User:

> But it still sticks in my craw.

I don't know why, and I don't care.

I'm delighted.
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

> I don't properly understand the reason City were fined, but isn't it because they overspent on players? If it is, maybe you have to ask the question, would they have won the league if they hadn't broken the rules?

Manchester City are Premier League Champions for 2013-14, is the answer to the only question I'm interested in asking.
 Banned User 77 12 May 2014
In reply to Rampikino:

Yeah, few, if any, expected this off Liverpool.. FFP has little influence in the EPL, but City were deserved champions.. decisions come and go, you get some you lose some, but if you concede 50 goals you probably won't win the title... thats what they need to focus on.
 1poundSOCKS 12 May 2014
In reply to Dispater:

I was more interested in an answer, not another question.
 wynaptomos 12 May 2014
In reply to BnB:

> But Liverpool didn't have to cope. That's the point. The proof will be in next year's pudding. By the way, I wish them well now the odds have evened up. They played some great football. It's MU's turn to benefit. And believe me they will (more's the pity).

I don't doubt that the situation helped Liverpool but they have also been disadvantaged by the loss of income of missing out on CL for a few seasons. Swings and roundbaouts. Given the choice, Liverpool would have preferred to be in the CL.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...