UKC

La Rochelle...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 b.hayley 11 May 2014
We're off to France camping for our summer holidays. I have convinced the family that we should break up the journey to the coast with a few days at the campsite near Mily la Foret and play in the woods of Font. Then heading over to the Atlantic Coast... No final destination decided up on other than somewhere in the vague locality north or south of La Rochelle so here's the question. Is anyone aware of boldering or deep water solo destinations in this region?

Thanks.

Ben.
 BnB 11 May 2014
In reply to b.hayley:

My family (on my mother's side) were persecuted for their Protestant beliefs and fled La Rochelle for the more tolerant shores of England.

This was only 400 years ago so it may still be risky if you're not a Catholic.

It is also quite flat in those parts.
 BDR 11 May 2014
In reply to b.hayley:

It's flatter than very flat round here (I live in LR). There's a bouldering wall (The Roof)...
Removed User 11 May 2014
In reply to b.hayley:

I spent a lot time some years ago on the Ile d'Oleron which is not far south of La Rochelle, and I asked around about bouldering but found nothing in the area. Someone on here might come up with something though.

Everyone in Charente Maritime was into sailing and surfing. Not much help to you I'm afraid. Beautiful area though, it is well worth visiting Venice Verte and also Oleron, especially if you like seafood.
OP b.hayley 11 May 2014
In reply to Removed User:

Thanks for the inputs. it's as I thought. Get the Font fix in then don the wetsuit for bodyboarding sea kayaks etc. then see if I can't stop of in font on the way back too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...