UKC

Bushcraft in Dinorwig??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wynaptomos 12 May 2014

I was running through the slate quarry earlier and Ray Mears was filming a piece with a camera crew just below Australia area. Anyone any idea what he was filming?

If you see some old git looking knackered in the background, that will be me......
Post edited at 21:41
 Peakpdr 12 May 2014
In reply to wynaptomos:

quality... will keep a eye out
andyathome 12 May 2014
In reply to wynaptomos:

He will have been decrying the lack of proper bushes to craft in slate quarries I would have thought.
Jim C 13 May 2014
In reply to wynaptomos:

It may just be a good place to film, but I was trying to think what survival tools I could make if I was stranded in an area with a slate quarry/ resource..

As it happens there is slate either side of Loch Lomond, near where I live, and there are loads of piles of slate lying around. But I still cannot think what use I could make of it as a survival aid, (apart from shelter which is too obvious. )
Can you perhaps fashion spear heads from slate, or make slate boomerangs?

Red Rover 13 May 2014
In reply to Jim C:

Knives, spearheds, arrowherds etc would be easy if you found the right pile of offcuts, like the area above the top of Twll Mawr above what used to be the deathbridge. I call it dinnerplate mountain. You wouldnt be bored either as you could write and play sudoko on bigger bits of slate.
 richprideaux 13 May 2014
In reply to wynaptomos:

Possibly one of his wildlife pseudo-Attenborough things...
 jon 13 May 2014
 Choss 13 May 2014
In reply to wynaptomos:

Perhaps he was Looking for the perfect Piece to make into a coffee table. Something i threaten to do, but dont get that way these days.
 richprideaux 14 May 2014
In reply to wynaptomos:

And he was nearly decked by a local in Llanberis last night according to the rumour mill...
 london_huddy 14 May 2014
In reply to richprideaux:

Having seen him doing the judo thing, probably best that there's a 'nearly' in there. He was pretty good (or so the ninja I was with said).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...