UKC

Dordogne in August

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Goonie 13 May 2014
Hi Guys and Gals

I am most likely gong to the Dordogne in August and want to get some info on best crags and logistics access etc! I will have a wife (who climbs) and a 3 month old with me!

I am looking for bouldering and/or sport up to 7C/8a respectively!

Also had a hunt for guidebook but nothing has come up in shops is it a case of the local tourist info having them when I get there! Prefer to have one in advance for planning/ drooling!!

Cheers for your help in advance!

Gordon
In reply to Goonie:

My mate got a guidebook somewhere online think it might have been amazon.

We visited le vieux treuil, le moulin de rocheruil and forge du diable all of which were great. Le moulin de rocheruil being the best followed by le vieux bruil.

Treid one of the 8a's at forge du diable which appeared to be good but the rainy day meant it was a no go. Hard roof moves though.

Will ask him the name of his
 Charlie Noakes 13 May 2014
In reply to Goonie:

Forge du Diable is really good, the best of the crags we visited, especially for 7a and above. Have also been to to Forge du Boulou, which is ok for easier grades, though there are still a few hard routes to go at and the crag was in the shade until about 2pm... very useful in the August heat!
OP Goonie 15 May 2014
In reply to Goonie:

Cheers for the suggestions guys it appears that I will be staying at Sarlat and the closest crag is Milhac, does anyone have any experience of this, also where online can i track down the guidebooks I have been hunting but come up with blanks!!
 IPPurewater 15 May 2014
In reply to Goonie:
Try the website of "Aux Vieux Campeur".
Post edited at 12:19
 Mike Highbury 15 May 2014
In reply to Goonie:
> Cheers for the suggestions guys it appears that I will be staying at Sarlat and the closest crag is Milhac, does anyone have any experience of this, also where online can i track down the guidebooks I have been hunting but come up with blanks!!

Dunno Gordon, was due to meet up with Barry when we were there but was far too hot so that plan was abandoned. Sarlat is really nice BTW.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...